Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Portable Blinds ?

Old 09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Portable Blinds ?

Wondering how many hunt deer from a portable blind and how much success you have with them compared to a tree stand ? I think I will buy one anyway for turkey but they sure are comfortable and tempting for deer also.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Portable Blinds ?

They're well worth the money , and pretty cheap too if you shop around . I've probably seen more deer sitting in one than I have with any other method . Deer look up these days , and they aren't getting any dumber . Just having the ability to sit there and not have a freezing wind blow over you makes them worth it .
Old 09-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Kevin. They are definitely worth the money and are very easy to use. So easy that at times I prefer to take them out instead of a treestand despite the conditions. Having said that though, I do typically use them only when there aren't any suitable trees available and/or in inclement weather. I have only taken one deer out of one so far but have had some other opportunities.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Bought one last year and I just love it. I never went to my ladder stand I was having so much fun in it. I had deer all around me usually around 12-15 yards and they never detected me and I never saw them looking at the blind. It was very weird being on eye level with them and expecting to get bust any minute but it never happened.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I absolutely love mine. I really enjoy being face to face with the animals. I have an Eastman Carbon Venture, it is fast to setup, light and very easy to shoot through. I've had turkeys within 5 yards, and deer within 10. Neither one had any idea I was there. Great for video and photo footage as well.

Here is a link.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/eaouvesasy.html
Old 10-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

All these guys are right on the money. A ground blind is well, well worth the money. I've used a couple, however I don't personally own one,but I am soon too. I believe I'm going to buy a double bull matrix three sixty.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:31 PM

i would love to use one, but i dont think it is legal in Pa. if anybody knows for sure please let me know

Old 10-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Typical Buck

u can use them in pa
Old 10-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Typical Buck

double archery has the best ones...i own the t2.it is nice. u have 2 brushthem out. DICKS has a nice on sale this week for 129...looks pretty good. i was trinking of getting it myself
Old 10-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

would love to use one, but i dont think it is legal in Pa. if anybody knows for sure please let me know

It is entirely legal to use them in PA for deer or turkey. The only restrictions on them that I am aware of are during turkey season. In that case the commercial blinds have to have a roof and any movement inside the blind must be difficult, if not impossible, to notice from the outside.

Quick Reply: Portable Blinds ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.