Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DirtSkirt...Check it out!! Tell me what you think!!

Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 PM

Default DirtSkirt...Check it out!! Tell me what you think!!

After loosing two bucks of alifetime in the same season I decided I was going to do something about it. The first buck I was in my stand after walking the field edge and he came in behind me. I carefully and quietly turned to make my move when the mud fell off my boots that had dried and hit the leaves below instantly giving away my position and telling the tale with the dreaded BLOW!!

The second time I was busted kicking my boots against my tree before climbing my ladder when a MONSTER was bedded down 45 yards from me in the thick. Again the dreaded BLOW and the white flag that doesn't mean surrender.

I came up with this and recently got my patent: http://www.huntsaver.com

Please give me your comments and suggestions as I am a newbie in the sales side of things, but I've been putting them in local bow shops and I have went to a couple local expos.. So far I haven't heard anyway say I'm stupid so please give me your input!!! And if you're interested shoot me an order.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: DirtSkirt...Check it out!! Tell me what you think!!

I find the concept intriguing , but the vinyl will give off an unnatural odor . You may want to substitute Cordura nylon in a camo pattern .
Old 09-23-2005, 06:44 AM

I tested many different materials before deciding on the UV protected vinyl. My main concern was to make something that would be long lasting and wouldn't fail to sun rot. I guess if you're real concerned about the odor you could spray it down with a carbon before installing it. Thanks for the input and I'm going to do some checking on the material you suggested.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

No offense, but wouldn't an old t-shirt or a rag do the same thing? If the deer around me are so skittish that I need one of those, I am in serious trouble.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: huntsaver.com

I tested many different materials before deciding on the UV protected vinyl. My main concern was to make something that would be long lasting and wouldn't fail to sun rot. I guess if you're real concerned about the odor you could spray it down with a carbon before installing it. Thanks for the input and I'm going to do some checking on the material you suggested.
Cordura nylon doesn't rot , it's very tear resistant , and it doesn't fade easily . I have a pair of hunting boots made from them and they look pretty much the way they did when I bought them . Tough stuff considering what I put them through . Good luck with your product .
Old 09-23-2005, 02:14 PM

It'd be good for holding xtea gear, but i dont have a problem with falling mud
Old 09-23-2005, 04:31 PM

will the wind shake it up und make noise,also rain?
Old 09-23-2005, 04:34 PM

nice idea ,i can't tellyou how manytimes i have had mud fall of my boots.It has never cost me a deer YET!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:36 AM

The vinyl is SUPER quiet. It almost feels more like a rubber compound so the wind and rain doesn't make any noise at all. Also I designed it with the screen like or mesh material so the wind goes through it rather than making it flap around or move in the wind. In the process I have found that the dirt dries up and kind of sifts through it as well so you don't have to dump it very often. It stops any clumps of dirt, but the fine stuff that turns to sand goes through.

I've had one in the woods for over a year and none of the critters have found a liking to it yet either. My padded seat is another story!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely a neat idea. I could see it catching on. Have you considered working directly with any of the treestand manufacturers to just have them include it with their stands?

Quick Reply: DirtSkirt...Check it out!! Tell me what you think!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.