Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

DirtSkirt...Check it out!! Tell me what you think!!

Old 09-24-2005, 10:47 AM

Default RE: DirtSkirt...Check it out!! Tell me what you think!!

Not yet, but I had thought about that. I've only been producing these for the public for about a month. So far I've just been trying to get the concept out to people and see where it takes me. I'm not trying to get rich over this, obviously when you look at the price, I just really enjoy being a part of the outdoors and hunting and if this lets me do it, then I'm all for it!!

Man am I in the RUT or what!!! 7 days til the opener!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

do people have to say critisize everything people do ..hes just trying a hhelp your hunt and make an xtra buck...jeez

Old 09-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

No offense, but I think you should have saved the money you spent on the patent for the "dirt skirt," and put it in a slot machine.

Maybe next time, instead of patenting a placemat for under your stand, you'll just look around before you bang your feet off of the tree.

You asked for our opinion, and you got it. That said, I've been wrong before, you might really be onto something.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Typical Buck

I put carpet on top of the platform of all my stands.

It makes it more quiet, keeps things from falling through and keeps your feet warmer. And it's free.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:58 AM

I tried Carpet too, but I found it mildewed and stunk. Not to mention the mud or snow just built up on it and then became slippery. This is the whole point of treestand manufacturers making the grates in the stand. So the crud falls off your boots through the stand. The only thing they didn't think of was stopping the crud from making noise.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:37 PM

The Dirt skrit is a real neat idea. I think that i would real well where i hunt and have my stand. therewould be no more dirt falling from my standand it would lessen the noise when the dirt does fall off my boots
Old 09-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntsaver.com

I tried Carpet too, but I found it mildewed and stunk. Not to mention the mud or snow just built up on it and then became slippery. This is the whole point of treestand manufacturers making the grates in the stand. So the crud falls off your boots through the stand. The only thing they didn't think of was stopping the crud from making noise.
Never does on mine.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know. You might be on to something here, but I've never had the problem and it's never cost me any deer.