Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

To Muzzy or not to Muzzy?

Old 10-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: To Muzzy or not to Muzzy?

NOT to muzzy,I haveread countless bad reports on their flight,and more sad "Perfect shots" where the deer was never recovered.I have shot them,and do not like them.2 of my friends who I could not convince "Not to muzzy",have lost a combined 4 hogs,and2 deer this year.I don't believe the hype,and don't understand despite all the bad reports every year how come they are still so popular.I have friends who lose deer every year with shots "behind the shoulder",and yet they won't stop using them.Did you watch Bad to the bone bucks 1?Pathetic.There were half penetrations with arrows flopping at the deers side,and one guy had to shoot his deer twice,as it laid down in pain.Not my kind of broadhead.If they are that desperate to make a video showing these terrible shots,I don't know what to think about them.Yes,a double lung by any decent head will kill a deer.That's why they are bad to the bone....but not bad through the bone.Sorry,but I couldn't contain myself anymore.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:51 PM

I too not to muzzy, Started with them, andI wasn't impressed. Someone said in the crimson talon post about good marketing, What about everyone and their brother with the bad to the bone sticker in theirrear window of their pickup truck ??
Old 10-10-2005, 08:32 PM

NOT. I shot them for 6 or 7 years and have killed plenty of deer with them, but the durability has appeared to go downhill in the last couple of years. I've bent and broke more lately than ever before, seems like theQC has taken a dive.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:02 AM

Go for the Muzzy's. They Fly perfect. Exactly the same as my field points. I just shot a deer with one, I had a complete pass through, and the shaft buried 6 inches into the ground after the pass through. I pulled it out of the dirt, washed it off, and I couldn't even tell that It had been used. It's a great broadhead.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 AM

Muzzy is a great broadhead cant go wrong with it, But just like anything else what is gold to one is crap to someone else. That is why Muzzy isnt the only manufacturer. Try a pack tinker with them and see what you think!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

wow where are the thunder head supporters i shot 85 grain and i deck deer killed both found within 80yrds there deadly not very durible after it shoots one deer but it kills them way better then muzzy i think my dad shoots muzzy he lost like 5 deer
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I recently was shooting only thunderheads on my arrows but have had a hard time getting passthroughs with them even at close ranges. Now that im out of TH Blades, im down to my Muzzy 100gr 4 blades. When I bought these heads I put them on my carbons which for some reason I could not the arrows to tune properly must have been a spine issue. Well I gave my brother the arrows and i kept the heads and figured id try them on my aluminums.Fly just like my thunderheads. In away, im kind of scared to shoot these at a deer. Im sure its just because of the bad luck I have had with the Thunderheads. I almost always get a great shot on a deer but have lost some while using Thunderheads. Im just afraid of wounding one and not finding it. Again. I guess the only way to get over this fear is to go ahead and shootone into a deer and hope for the best. I look at it this way 4 blades are better than 3. Plus im using a hole making arrow Easton 2315's. Should leave a hell of a blood trail. Heres what Im shooting, tell me what you think.

PSE Nova S428 Inch Draw 67#
WB
HHA Single PinSight
Easton 2315's 30 inch
Doinker Stabilizer
Free Flight Glove Style Release
Ultra Noc
Peep Sight
Kisser Button

Old 10-26-2005, 07:10 PM

I don't use the 130 grains, but i am really happy with the way that my 100 grain 3 blades have performed so far this year
Old 10-26-2005, 08:32 PM

I think the 130 4 blade is the best head Muzzy ever made. I used it for years with great luck.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: BigOrangeBowHntr

Muzzy is a great broadhead cant go wrong with it, But just like anything else what is gold to one is crap to someone else. That is why Muzzy isnt the only manufacturer. Try a pack tinker with them and see what you think!
This is good advice. However, I do like my Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade broadheads. I’ve taken two bucks and a turkey with them.

Quick Reply: To Muzzy or not to Muzzy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.