:eek: I am looking for advice on which saftey harness I should buy. I still use the old strap around the waist. Now adays all you see are four point harneses. One a recent trip to Cabels in WV I saw nothing for under 100 bucks Any advice on..." />

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Harness to use?

Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Which Harness to use?

I am looking for advice on which saftey harness I should buy. I still use the old strap around the waist. Now adays all you see are four point harneses. One a recent trip to Cabels in WV I saw nothing for under 100 bucks Any advice on which to purchase......complete vest vs. 4 point harness?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Which Harness to use?

Td, I use the HUNTERS SAFETY SYSTEM. It sure beats the stap around the waist- thats a broken back begging to happen. Try one one and see how easy they are to put on. Don't let the price scare you- I'd rather spend the extra bucks and KNOW I'm safe.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:56 AM

See the article posted by 5 shot on another archery forum. Yep, "Seat of the Pants" is top dog. I'd think twice about getting the Hunter Safety System; puts your "family jewels" in real jeopardy!!! See link below:

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/harnesstest/

-Hunter John
Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yow.... I watched that streaming video of the Hunter Safety System.
Let's just say: " "

Summit's "Seat O' The Pants" harness is by far, the best, most easiest, most secure harness around.

Lastly, sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you DON'T wear a treestand harness, then, you are a total fool!!! [:'(]
Old 09-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Yow.... I watched that streaming video of the Hunter Safety System.
Let's just say: " "

Summit's "Seat O' The Pants" harness is by far, the best, most easiest, most secure harness around.

Lastly, sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you DON'T wear a treestand harness, then, you are a total fool!!! [:'(]
I totaly agree. I use the Seat O the Pants harness, and will NOT hunt from a tree stand w/o one. I have heard the horror stories first hand from my brother who is a First Responder and had to respond to 3 incidents of people falling out of trees. Never think it can't happen to me. If you don't care about yourself, think about the your family and what YOU will put them through both financially and emotionally.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

100 dollars.....dead....100dollars....dead ...100 dollars ....dead...100 dollars......dead.!! seat o da pants......pine box...seat o da pants.....pine box...HMMM........... tuff choices huh???

TREE STAND 300bucks
HARNESS100 bucks
BEING AROUND FOR SPRING TURKEY..............PRICELESS