Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

the camo arrow

Old 09-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the camo arrow

2315my size imgettingthem next time i need arrows the deer will love them and so will i
gtg..im listeing to some montgomery gentry
Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Those camo arrows work great ! I flubbed two into the weeds yesterday and couldn't find either of them to save my life !
Old 09-12-2005, 07:19 AM

My point exactly - what idiot felt we needed camo arrows is beyond me. Deer don't even see in color!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

while sitting in the stand or ground blind the more things camo the better right? I'm assuming most of us have camo bows, how about hats, boots, sunglasses, gloves. Do we need them?
I'm pretty sure they are useless when trying to find them after a shot. Is it possible that we like them prior to the shot?
I personally don't have them but always thought that was the intent especially when you have six of them on a quiver. Is the quiver camo? why?
Do turkey see color? do we hunt turkey with arrows?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea but arrows seems wiggle under the weeds if you droped you bow its bigger and youd know...i hope thatn u droppedit
turkeys see color they.not i hunt turkeys with arrows but i doubt theyd notice a black arrow
Old 09-12-2005, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: DannyD

while sitting in the stand or ground blind the more things camo the better right? I'm assuming most of us have camo bows, how about hats, boots, sunglasses, gloves. Do we need them?
I'm pretty sure they are useless when trying to find them after a shot. Is it possible that we like them prior to the shot?
I personally don't have them but always thought that was the intent especially when you have six of them on a quiver. Is the quiver camo? why?
Do turkey see color? do we hunt turkey with arrows?
Yes - its great to have camo quivers, bows, clothing, etc. while hunting as I agree it sure doesn't hurt to remain unseen and blend in with your surroundings. Otherwise our military wouldn't be using it. However - I do think having camo arrows makes recovering them after the shot extremely difficult.

I've seen the new electronic 'glow' nocks that lite up after the shot to help with recovery. perhaps they are a good idea as is bright-colored fletching, cresting, etc. I had a batch of arrows I had fluorescent capped with flour orange dips and they were awesome!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree it would be hard to find them. The black ones are no prize either. Just saying that it seems that many hunters prefer to have everything in camo. Is that helpful? I don't know. The original post was a question about why they exist. Because right or wrong there are some hunters that believe that everything should be camo especially if the suface area is as great as 6 arrows on a quiver.

do they make camo contact lenses?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

The reason we all shoot camo bows, quivers, stabilizers, etc... is cause that is what color they are made. We don't have a choice unless we want to wait weeks for a special order or hunt with a glittery and shiny [:'(] bow and/ or accessories.

Personally I think the safari color option that Hoyt offered for 2005 with the copper colored riser and black limbs looks awesome but you won't see it sitting on the racks in the pro shops cause it isn't what sells.

Do we need camo clothing? To some extent yes but we are a whole lot bigger than a 28" long arrow. We also don't need the sticks and leaves crap that is so popular today. We all look like big dark brown blobs in the woods. Patterns such as ASAT and predator are far more effective that the Realtree and MOBU stuff we see everywhere.

We have been programed to think that we need to be in complete camo or we won't kill animals. It is all about marketing. If enough people see enough advertising for it they will buy it and then the manufacturers become rich. That is what it boils down to plain and simple.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigbulls
Like I said I don't know if we need all the camo. I , like you, think that we are programmed to think we need it.
I know we don't have many options in Bow colors. But if we did would we choose them? I don't see a lot of guys out there in Yankee hats
Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wasn't ridiculing you just offering more thoughts on the subject since it has gone on to include other camo items.

I would love to have a hunting bow colored like the safari option of Hoyts. I just choose not to shoot a hoyt. I don't know how many of us hunters would actually buy them cause, like we said, we just gotta have that camo.[&:]

I know of people that will hunt in jeans and a white T-shirt (private land in a treestand) and are every bit as successful as us camo hunters. And to be perfectly honest we all could hunt with out the camo from a treestand and still kill just as many deer as we ever did all decked out in the latest from Realtree.

Afterall, you don't see any deer running around with the latest sticks and leaves camo pattern and deer are incredibly hard to see in the woods. Most all of us could spot a person in Realtree of MO long before we could spot a deer walking at the same distances.

Quick Reply: the camo arrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.