Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

the camo arrow

Old 09-07-2005, 01:35 PM

Default RE: the camo arrow

i dont know why they exist..i use them but if you hit a deer or miss a target its hard as #%!! to find them..
Have found all mine. I like the extra weight.....and have no problems with seeing the arrow in flight, have had all 12 for 2yrs. Paid same price as reg arrows.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too use the camo arrows. I guess I really have never thought about it, except the fact that I am addicted to camo and use all the camo I can when I hunt. I agree that they are a little difficult to find, but I paint my arrows about 6" down from the nock to see them better during flight. I shoot aluminum and they are generally the same price, unless you want one of the name brand patters like the Advantage ones that Easton makes, which do look really cool.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive only lost 1 and idc about weight or speeed at all
Old 09-07-2005, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: slugman

i dont know why they exist..i use them but if you hit a deer or miss a target its hard as #%!! to find them..
Have found all mine. I like the extra weight.....and have no problems with seeing the arrow in flight, have had all 12 for 2yrs. Paid same price as reg arrows.
Slugman,
How do you figure camo arrow shafts weight more than non-camo shafts? All 2117's weight the same desite their color.

???
Old 09-08-2005, 01:34 PM

The camo on my ICS's are layered on over the arrow, therefore more weight.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:13 PM

Most camo arrows weigh about 1 grain more per inch than their non-camo twin. Example, CX 200's weigh 7.3 grains/inch while the CX Hunter 200's weigh 8.4 grains/inch. I used to buy them for added eight but I just use weight tubes now.

Scoobie, I think this only applies to carbon shafts.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:27 PM

I smell a conspiracy!!!

I can't say much. My carbon arrows are charcoal gray and would be tough to spot too. This is my first year (actually, just a couple of weeks) with a bow and I have yet to miss my target. That makes finding them a little easier.....so far. I have had a couple of pass thrus but they were only about 10 feet beyond my target and easy to find.

ORIGINAL: .308hunter

Its a scam by arrow companies to get you to loose arrows faster and buy more of them.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry for you folks that like them but I think camo arrows are the biggest gimmick. Look at it this way...you have arrows that are approximately the same size, width, etc.. as many twigs and small branches on the trees around you...in a color or colors that closely resembles those same items.

Why do we need camo arrows again?

Old 09-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

PA, we don't. It is simply there to generate more sales and to make a bigger profit.

YooperMike said that he paints his camo arows so he can find them so what exactly is the camo doing for him if they are painted bright enough to see clearly?
However, he shoots aluminums so he has an excuse cause you can't hardly find a solid color aluminum Easton anymore.

Scoobiedoo, camo aluminum arrows do not weigh more but carbon arrows weigh from 1 to 2.5 grains per inch more than black carbons.

Black arrows are tough enough to see as someone pointed out but they are black cause that's what color the carbon is. I wrap mine in a Flourescent color and use flourescent feathers. If carbon express made an all white, flo orange, or flo yellow shaft I would buy those.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Allseasonhunter7

i wish easton would make me some black aluminum arrows id love a dznof those
i think the fletchings look better on solid colored arrows
X7 Eclipse are black. And they look cool with black nocks and black feathers.

Hey guys, I agree that camo CARBON arrows look cool, but that is the only advantage to them. I don't think they are that hard to find. If you miss you need to move closer. If it's a hunting shot then who cares whether one goes kaput. Now all this smart-alecky talk and I'll say I use black carbon.

But I got a half dozen Vapor V-Maxx arrows in camo I'll sell---brand new. Wrapped in white, feltched in black 4" feathers. Now they look cool.

Quick Reply: the camo arrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.