Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Drop Away Rests

Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Default RE: Drop Away Rests

I Use the "Vital Bow Gear" Ultimate Fall Away rest on my bow.This system gives you the same benifits of the Wisker Bicuit by clamping the arrow down before draw (so no arrows falling off your rest while walking thru the woods) with the fall away rest you have the added benifit of nothing touching the arrow when released...Check out their site at Vitalbowgear.com... Good Hunting...Rog63
Old 09-05-2005, 02:30 PM

I use a golden preimer rest and don't have any trouble with vane clearance.I am a hunter that hunts everyday day of the season and walks throught the woods the first think to keep in mind is that nice string that hangson that rest it going to catch branches all the time.and yank on the rest and the inertria activated rest when you draw your bow back and let it down it uncocks thats real handy boy I hope the biggest buck in the woods isn't under your stand when you have to reach to recock the rest & if you lightly tap your bow turning in your stand its going to drop also.thats why i use a simple rest with good vane clerance no problems.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:56 PM

i used to show a wb but i could never get that thing to tune worth a darn i got a dropzone and now im shooting bullet holes. they are worth the switch also my groups shrunk about 2 inches at 30yds.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Rog63

I Use the "Vital Bow Gear" Ultimate Fall Away rest on my bow.This system gives you the same benifits of the Wisker Bicuit by clamping the arrow down before draw (so no arrows falling off your rest while walking thru the woods) with the fall away rest you have the added benifit of nothing touching the arrow when released...Check out their site at Vitalbowgear.com... Good Hunting...Rog63
I have the same rest and love it. Holds the arrow in place till I draw and no vane problems at all. These rests are also very very quiet to draw. No moleskin required.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read about a Golden Key-Futura containment arrow rest called THE WHISPER DISK.......made out of spage-age closed cell foam. Quiet , long lasting, and absolutely non abrasive to arrow shafts or vanes. Unaffected by weather and extremely accurate. The disk is even patented!!!!! #5,460,153 Available for carbon and all sized aluminum shafts.Left or right handed.... check it out at GoldenKeyArchery.com
Old 09-07-2005, 10:58 PM

I had a WB on my bow andI changed it just for the simple fact that it was doing a number on the vains.I put a NAP Quicktune 2000 RG on it & it was the best thing I could have done for my bow & myself as far as shooting the bow goes too...I think the drop away only cost about 65 bucks & it tuned in a breeze puting bullet holes through paper.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:38 AM

I use a Trapdoor fallaway,it realy helped my groups and made the bow easier to tune. I wouldn't go to the stand without one.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:45 PM

Myself, as a spot shooter, i just cant see where the wb, would not hender the flight of the arrow. For one, theres no way that it doesnt affect speed. #2 any contact with the fletchings after the arrow has left the string, just simply cannot be a good thing. Now, i have never shot one but theyre are alot of people who do. That only leads me to beleive that there are alot of people out there who are not shooting to their potential. Why would anybody pay $700 for a bow and turn right around and pay $40 - $50 for something that is going to keep that bow from doin what you paid for it to do. In my opinion you may as well take that money pit and use it for a walkin stick. I visited an out of town bow shop last week and watched a guy buy a switchbak for 669. Had the tec put a wb on it. I asked the tec if it hurt the flight of the arrow, and all he said was "Hey thats what he wants me to put on it, so thats what hes gettin". Talk about sidesteppin'. I do stress the fact that i have never shot a wb, but if i wanted to, instead of buying one i believe id just shoot through a brush pile. Just some plain ol wes by god virginia logic.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

I would give the TKO dropaway a try my buddy hounded me to buy one I finally did last year and I was a great choice.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:42 PM

Well I've used several dropaways over the last few years and they do shoot well, but I switched to a Whisker Biscuit Deluxe this year. I did start using the Blazer vanes. I can truely say that the love the WB. With the Blazer vanesit doesn't tear them up at all. I've been shooting at 40 yds with this set up and just ruined a couple of arrows the other day because they are hitting the same hole. I only lost 2 FPS with this rest. I am using the Magnus stingers and they fly exactly the same as the fieldpoints out of the WB. I think the biggest thing I like is the fact that this rest is so simple and fool proof. I just dont like my arrow being lifted up and down for hunting or worrying about the arrow falling off the rest before the shot. And keep in mind I was one who said that I would never put one of those stupid things on one of my bows and know I won't take it off. To each his own I guess

Quick Reply: Drop Away Rests

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.