Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question for 5shot

Old 08-31-2005, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question for 5shot

I am trying to decide between the Magnus Stinger 2 blade and the NAP Spitfire both 100 grain. I love how the Stingers fly but don't know how much I like 2 blades. Obviously the spitfire fly's well being mechanical and everything I like the 3 blades and the cutting diameter. I will be hunting mainly Whitetail. What is your opinion? Thanks
Old 08-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question for 5shot

ttt
Old 08-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why not just shoot the four blade stinger????

I would most definetly shoot the stingers over the spitfires. You already said you love the way they fly and the stinger cuts all the time and wastes no energy deploying blades. Why shoot a mechanical when a fixed blade head flys just as good or better?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The stingers will give you better penetration, the spitfires will make a larger wound channel. I don't know the specifics of your setup, and whithout them I can't recommend the spitfires. I will say that to shoot he spitfires you should have at least 60 ft/lbs of Ke to insure good penetration. The magnus stinger 4 blade would be a good alternitive to both. It' penetrates well, cuts a good size hole, and shoots the same as the two blade heads.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a switchback set at 70# 28.5 DL My specs are at the bottom of the post. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:45 PM

If you want to shoot expandables look at the Grim Reapers. Its theonlyexpandable I would shoot. Just my opinion. I'm shooting the Stinger 4 blades and they are awesome. They fly right with the field points.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well you do have or should have plenty of Ke to shoot the spitfires, I would guess your in the 65+ ft/lbs range. It really boils down to what is most important. field point accurcy and large wound channels, or better penetration, especially on bad hits or when you connect with bone. Both heads are very sharp and will shoot well with a properly tuned setup. Stingers will always leave a larger entrance wound and penetrate better. Spitfiires will be more accurate, and make a bigger wound channel, but won't penetrate nearly as well.