Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

Old 08-31-2005, 09:32 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

a guy i had talked too said to use locktite on the threads of the forkson the premier rest, but he couldn't remember which would be best the red or blue locktite. . . . one of em will lock the forks on place and not let them move. . . . ever!

the other will allow me to move the forks at some time if i decide to shoot alluminums
Old 08-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

I use a release with my WB.
I did have a problem with the vanes (4in with slight offset) wrinkling when i first put the WB on but went away after the first 40 shots or so.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:38 AM

FIRST YEAR SHOOTING WITH THE W/B LOVE IT
Old 09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to say that changing to a WB in this case is putting a bandaid on a major cut. Your problem is vibration and you need to get rid of it. It's doing a lot more damage than just loosening a couple setscrews. Your whole bow and all accessories are getting worn out quicker than necessary. There are many accessories on the market that can help.

Do you have Limb Savers on the bow? Simms Ultras work well. Mini-Extremes can be added. String silencers. How about an STS? And a good active stabilizer such as the Simms S-Coil can do wonders. Possibly giving up some speed and shoot a heavier arrow.

As for the rest. You already have one of the best you can buy. The problem is not with the rest.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:37 AM

here's my set up:

~PSE 2004 Bruin with the Lightning 3 Cam

~300 gr PSE Radial X Weave Pro and Raven (don't like the ravens so much)

~Golden Key Premier Rest with Teflon tamers

~Truball Stinger Release

~Ultranok II

~Muzzy 90gr 4blade, 100gr 3 and 4 blade

~4" XRing stablizer

~2 limsaver leeches and 2 rubber wisker string silencers (Allen brand)

~the sights, stablizer, ultranok, wrist strap, and rest were on a used bow that i bought off my former boss and i just moved them to my PSE when i bought it new in Nov. of 2003. . . i did have my PSE Mongoose quiver on the bow too, but i took that off since each shot would shake an arrow outta the quiver. . . .that's when i should've paid more attention to the vibration problem. . . .

I want to get a Vibracheck Icon stabilizer but haven't got it yet.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:40 AM

I know tons of guys using the Whisker Biscuit Rest. Not a single one dislikes it and all say they'd never use anyhting else. The rest holds your arrow for you, offers easy adjustment, and the arrow never falls off the rest.

Need I say more?
Old 09-02-2005, 07:44 AM

the sights have a hoof print on the side of the plastic piece that shields the pins. . . anyone have an idea who makes this sight. . . .i've never seen it anywhere in any store. . .

the bow is accurate as ever, i'll robin hood arrows every time is shoot if i don't shoot and retrieve one arrow at a time. . . .i've also split and arrow with a broadhead as the arrow in flight slide past an arrow already in the target. . . .i'm not trying to brag, 'cause i'm by far not the best shot, but i'm justifying the abililties of the rig. . . . what's the STS?
Old 09-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is my 5th season with the WB after trying 3 other types/styles of rests. It shoots great even with the original hard bristles (I did some trimming with one of those little grooming scissors). I really can't see why for hunting anyone would want anything else. It is almost silent, very accurate, and you never again have to worry about your arrow falling off the rest, while stalking, drawing, shooting off camber, or letting off. My arrows all get a few small wrinkles and black streaks on the vanes, but it doesn't affect anything about the actual spot the arrow hits. Millions sold, Millions happy with their purchase.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:50 AM

Thats what I keep hearing!
Like McDonald's - over 6 billion sold - and happy!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:53 AM

i'm gonna give / sell the whisker to my father in law. . . the rest he uses now is nothing more than a bent piece of alluminum and his sight is a toothpick sized piece of steel rigged up to a piece of thin steel that serves as the sight bracket bolted to his OLD Bear Bow II ???

he can still outshoot me past 20 yds. . . .he also uses fingers, no release aid !! his stablizer is a 20oz pop bottle with motor oil and bb's rigged to the riser. . . .

Quick Reply: Whisker Biskit ???? or gold key Premier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.