Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hows the Hoyt UltraTec XT

Old 08-26-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Hows the Hoyt UltraTec XT

I have a chance to buy this................

Hoyt UltraTec XT
It also comes with a hard and soft carrying case, a quiver with arrows, and a scope. The bow cost 1,000 dollars new 2 months ago, and it's been used literally 3 times! It's like new

Thats all the detail I have
but he wants $500
Is it a good bow?
Any problems?
Thank You
Old 08-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hows the Hoyt UltraTec XT

UltraTecs are very good bows. I have an older one (about 4 years old with CC's instead of cam and 1/2). I love this bow. It's plenty fast enough and scary quiet. Is the bow you are looking at camo or a target color? You mentioned a scope so I was thinking 3-D. If it fits your specs, the $ sure seems pretty decent... IMO.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would definitely call it a good deal. The Ultratec is arguably Hoyt's best selling high end bow of all time. It has been around in one configuration or another for at least 4 or 5 years now. If you know Hoyt then you know that is really saying something. I would grab the deal but would ask why he is selling it for half cost so quickly after the purchase.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:19 PM

I had No ideal it was top of the line,
I'v been looking at the Matthews (SB or OB),but even used they go for$650(bare)on up, as you know.
Thats great news,thanks
I havent given him an answer yet because I knew nothing about Hoyt
Now I cant get hold of him and needless to say I'm getting nervous he sold it already.

Heres the story I got..........

""Its aconsulting firm, and purchased the bow 2 months ago.They were working for an archery client, and needed to try a few different bows. The bow is no longer of use to them, and would like to sell it along with its accessories. it is literally just like new.
Accessories include: 8-10 carbon-fiber arrows, new Copper Head release, hard case with lock, soft camouflage case, brand new 5-pin-sight set, and hip-side quiver."

I'll let you know what happens
Thank You
Old 08-27-2005, 05:30 PM

I have an ultratech and love it. Like they said it is one of Hoyt's biggest selling models and that is a great price, I thinkI my wife paid $700 just for the bare bow(it was a b-day present) last year.