Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Single vs twin caliper release ?

Old 08-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Single vs twin caliper release ?

I presently use a Scott Little Bitty Goose which I like but they came out with a new twin caliper one ( Wildcat I believe ) with the trigger much closer to the front and jaws. I was thinking of going back to shooting off the string and getting rid of my loop and think this would be a better setup. My question is what effect would the twin caliper have over the single ?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single vs twin caliper release ?

nothing but ithink ia double both jaws move and a singlethe one moves to close it
Old 08-28-2005, 06:51 AM

terry, why would you get rid of your loop?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Because he can LOL

nubo
Old 08-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

terry, why would you get rid of your loop?
Because I am finding its just something else that takes a little attention and time to attach to compared to shooting off the string. I would also go back to a 27" module which would also gain me a few FPS which at my short draw is always a bonus. Feel free to try and talk me out of it, I wouldn't switch until after hunting season though.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a mongoose, which is also single caliper, right off the string. I think there's less string wear than with a double caliper.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 PM

ok, i will. i bet you're using a wrist strap release aren't you. want to keep the loop and your 1/2" of draw? check out the truball sabretooth handheld. or the extreme. it has to be the extreme for hunting that you don't have to cock. the pro-diamond will leave you 'anchoring' in about the same place as your wrist strap, but the 2 mentioned above will save you what you feel like the loop is costing you. i can get you a deal.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry,
You're going to go from a Long barreled rearward trigger release off a string loop, to a short head, extreme forward trigger off the string?
Holy change in anchor point batman.[:-]

IMO opinion most long barreled releases and loops make for a crappy fit.
The new breed of short forward triggers (Like the Wildcat) and a nice short loop are just right. No need for long crazy loops, tie it short, combine it with the Wildcat and that's about right. assuming you have the correct draw length to start.

By going to the extreme and saying you'll shoot that loop release (and that's what it is) off the string and adding a higher length module is going to create problems with a proper anchor. It will probably feel like crap because you to get a good repeatable anchor you will now wind up with a bowstring that is jammed back into your face.

Wildcat + Short string loop = good.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:58 AM

i just can't figure out why anyone shoots a wrist strap. talk about a weird anchor.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wildcat + Short string loop = good.
The Wildcat is the one I was thinking of. As for draw length I am 27" but when I tried a loop for the first time felt it was a little long so dropped down to a 26" module.Also I kept reading eveywhere that a shorter DL bow is better and most people are overdrawn length wise. I think part of my problem is my loop is too long but as already said I am tuned perfectly and with a hunt coming in 2 weeks ( bear ) I won't change anything now , only after the season.

Quick Reply: Single vs twin caliper release ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.