Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Bow?

Old 08-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Bow?

Status: online With a very shot axle bow, I don't think you're going to find one that is very shock free. You really need to shoot as many of them as possible to feel for yourself. I've only owned one short axled bow, a 2003 Parker UL 31. Great bow, but the short bows are not very forgiving, so I went to a little longer bow again. IMO the UL-31's after 2003 are not as good.
I have to agree. I used to think that the 30" length was the way to go but find that a mid size 33" is as compact as I need. When you think about it the longer one only sticks out 1 1/2" further on each end. There is a good reason why the flagship bows ( Allegiance, Switchback ) are @33" ATA. You will eliminate lots of great bows by sticking to the short ones.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM

The firestorm lite is a great bow. If your going to get a bow that short - make sure you get one with plenty of brace height.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:58 PM

u should look at mathews bow there all parralell they might noybe 30in but theyare great shooters