Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

high country

Old 08-27-2005, 06:37 PM

Default RE: high country

wow I didnt know you could kill 17 deer in three years in Mo.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:48 PM

4hogs-

Ididn't know u could only hunt one state a year...stop being dumb.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:52 AM

All I was trying to say was the salesman were pushy and I shot the bows myself and they weren't even close to my switchback .You might be happy with yours and I am glade for you.I also dont like how they stiff thier retailers by selling online and over phone.that looks like someone is hurting to make sells.Hell if there are deer I can kill them with a stick and string and arrow.All bows are capable of that.That means you have good hunting skills doesnt have a damn thing to do with your bow.Oh unless you are making 50 yard shots.I know where I hunt most my shots are from 10 to 30 yards tops cant see any farther so any bow would work.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 AM

You know I love my HCA, I have been using HCA for about 8 years now. I currently am with a carbon 4-runner extreme. I LOVE IT. However!!!! Oh yes there is a however. I have a bad Idler Wheel "Center Line". I have a burr inside the wheel and it eats my strings. I thought that it was the buss cable that was not supporting the limbs right at first. See if you look at the wheel the strings rides the left guide and cuts into the string. I think it does this because of a burr. There are no marks when I broke it down, the axle and busings seem OK. The Limbs don't line up with the axle out and could be a problem. In all the whole topside of the bow should be replaced, limbs, wheel, axle, busings, etc.. but I can't find parts for it.

So this year since HCA makes it so hard to get parts, I will be getting a new bow. By this I mean the closest dealer would be bass pro and thats a long ways off. Then I would have to order the parts which can take some time. By then season will be over. I just going to sell the carbon 4-runner extreme.