Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tekan II or Wac 'Em anyone shooting 'em

Old 08-04-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Tekan II or Wac 'Em anyone shooting 'em

Went to the pro shop today still out of Magnus Stingers. The hunt is getting close so I think I may try another head. I want a 100gr broadheads that flies well. I thought I wanted a fixed cut on contact head but I am not that great at tuning yet and the hunt is getting close. So I need something that I dont need to mess with alot.I wasnt planning on getting a new bow this close to the hunt so I am in panic looking for a new set up.
The guy at the shop said his favorite this year is the Tekan II. He is usually a fixedblade guy so this suprised me. He said if I really want a fixed blade he likes the Wac 'Em. I tried to talk him into letting me shoot some as demo's. He said maybe this weekend he would bring in some of his personal heads to let me try.

I hear alot of good about the Wac Em but havent heard much at all about the Tekan II.
Anyone shooting either of these heads??
Old 08-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tekan II or Wac 'Em anyone shooting 'em

I am shooting the Wac'em heads. And I love everything about them! They will take my elk this year! And who knows what else
Old 08-06-2005, 01:40 PM

I tested the wac'ems this year. They flew great and are built nice. The cutting diameter was actually under 1". This was a major turn off. I don't like anything under a 1" cut. I also tried the shuttle T-locks. They fly great, they are built very well, and look to be very tough. They are a bit pricey but nowadays, what ain't? Then there are the Sick tricks. Can't go wrong right out of the pak.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:28 PM

I haven't used them in the field, but they fly well, are built well and are very sharp.

Wac 'ems that is Wac 'ems. 90 grn.