Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

what GPS are you using?

Old 08-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Default RE: what GPS are you using?

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Etrex Vista and I love it. Downloaded topos and resolution is great. Has lots of features and good battery life. My last unit was a Lowrance and it was good but was an early technology and didn't have all the bells and whistles. Having maps makes it reaally easy to use.
I always wanted one but after looking at-like the 75 pg Owner's Manual I was left numb - and I'm VERY compyter literate too!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntElk4Fun

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

not sure what the color screen buys you....
Color topos/waypointsand less battery life. About it. Save your money IMO unless you plan on staring at the nice screen all day. Then it's worth it. Most of us just gather points and get back to the truck with them, color just isn't needed. But like most things, just because it's not needed doesn't mean it's not fun to have!
Not even close to true for me. The Legend C has much LONGER battery life. My original Legend chewed up batteries very quick. The Legend C also has 3 times the memory. For me the 8 mb was a problem as I have fishing hot spots, topo, and metroguide software and would like to have more than one area in at a time. Of course the E-trex Vista gets you more memory without the Color screen but it closes the gap on price. The Legend C also has auto-routing capability and does do a better job in signal strenth and tracks satelites much quicker. The screen is larger and Much easier to read in the sunlight. It is awesome as is the 76c which has some disctint advantages at the cost of larger size.

Make no mistake though the Original Legand is a very capable unit and might be everything the limited fall user might want. Right now it is priced in a package with the Topo software and a 12V adapter for $199. This is a heck of a deal on a great unit! My point is if your not on a tight budget and you think you will actually use the GPS alot, the new color models are worth consideration.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:26 PM

rhino 120!!!!