Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Windstalker cable gaurd?

Old 06-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Windstalker cable gaurd?

Anybody use these things? What improvement are they over conventional straight bar and slider?
Old 06-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Windstalker cable gaurd?

Terry.

I have not tried one but from what I have read about it over on AT it will take out cam lean and produce faster speeds and quiten the bow down some.

I am in 2 minds whether to get one or not to try on my OG when it gets here.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie-guy,
I definitely think you should buy one and test it for usand then based on your report we will act accordingly. Seriously though, if I can find some positive feeedback from actual users I would be tempted. I read in one post that a guy claimed 15 fps increase, I doubt that but would be curious about actual performance. As to cam lean, doesn't there need to be some in some cases based on cam design? The guys at STS swear by them and actually link to them on thier website and I have been pleased with the STS on both the bows I have used it on.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I definitely think you should buy one and test it for usand then based on your report we will act accordingly.
Sure no problems PM me to find out where to send donations so I can get one to test and report back

I read in one post that a guy claimed 15 fps increase, I doubt that but would be curious about actual performance.
I doubt there would be a 15fps increase as well but hey ya never know.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Someone send me the link for this product ,and I'll check it out..

nubo
Old 06-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry--you're on the ball--the 'Windstalker' is quite a neat cable guard--does remove some cam lean and produce about 5-7fps ( I can speak for my bow).
What I like the most is that the arrow seems to group even tighter--could be all in the mind--but I do like The Windstalker--I'll be willing to answer any questions you may have.
As for the STS--I had it on my Allegiance (rear mounted)and removed it, as I could NOT stand the way it kept getting in the road everytime I tried fitting my hand in the sling.
The arrow did leave the bow 'faster' with the STS fitted and flew well--but it's making contact withmy 'inside wrist' and I cannot handle (mentally) the feeling.
John--here's the link.
http://windstalkercableguard.com or email @ [email protected]
Old 06-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ampa,
Actually my STS is a front mount one that I bought when I had my Grizzly so I have no interference at all with my wrist. Have you tried just mounting so its a little lower on the string? Getting back to the windstalker, if you don't mind where did you buy it and what do they retail for in Ontario? I find I have some vane contact with the cables so either I switch sliders or find a better solution which the Windstalker is probably I would think. And hey any increase in speed is never a bad thing either.Was there any tuning difficulties after eliminating the factory cam lean caused by the rod and slider? Is it quiet ? Sorry for all the questions.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried just mounting so its a little lower on the string?
Terry I can't, the rod is straight and doesn't allow rotational adjustments.
If you don't mind where did you buy it and what do they retail for in Ontario?
I got it directly from the Ontario distributor--can get you one--cost me $65. Guess you will pay a bit more in an Archery Pro Shop.
Was there any tuning difficulties after eliminating the factory cam lean caused by the rod and slider? Is it quiet ?
Absolutely no difficulties, but I did need to tinker a bit.
Yes she is quiet and I gained some added speed, seemed to had levelled the arrow flight a bit--could just be my imagination-- as this happens with every new gadget at first, until you say to yourself on a day you're not dialed in----"this thing isn't good--I'll remove it from the bow".
Then we change to something else--guess you can say we all have a 'slightly crazy' ingredient mixed in ourselves. (Oh, I'm speaking for myself here--no disrespect.)
Old 06-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Then we change to something else--guess you can say we all have a 'slightly crazy' ingredient mixed in ourselves. (Oh, I'm speaking for myself here--no disrespect.)
None taken, I think we all sing from the same song book.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

The windstalker sound's pretty good ,I just might be interested in one of those thing's .

Laa deee daaa dee dee laa laa

nubo

Quick Reply: Windstalker cable gaurd?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.