Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Release Clamping point

Old 05-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Release Clamping point

I have always hooked my release directly to my bowstring (Bowtech Extreme VFT 70#), but lately I have been hearing many people talk about and use different types of string loops & "noks". I would like to know what people think the pro's and con's are, and which ones they recommend.

I have always liked to keep my eyes on the animal and hooking directly to my string allows me to run my finger up the string to my hook point. It also seems like you would loose some speed with the more stuff you put on your bowstring.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:23 PM

Default RE: Release Clamping point

I think its all preference what ever your comfortable with I shoot fingers now but used to shot with a release and I shot with and without a loop, I didn't like the loop because I had to change my anchor point which was very comfortable to me for so long, also I liked being able to hook up my release with out looking for the loop. I was just as accurate with out the loop as I was with the loop. the one thing I liked about a loop was it didn't wear on the serving like a direct hook up can do. But like I said its preference lots of people swear by their loops and there are some who don't. Try one for yourself they are easy to install and then make up your own mind if you like it or not, just don't get the metal screw on style I hear they are noisy and the screws can pop out and that might hurt use nylon string that your archery shop should have.