Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Whisker Biscuit Anyone?

Old 06-14-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit Anyone?

I don't know how original this is but no one that I know is using one. This may be common elsewhere and I may just be a johnny-come-lately.

But anyway, I got sick of holding my arrow on the rest just like with my hunting bow and had to try it for fishing. I am using the original Biscuit with an aluminum biscuit. So far over 1000 shots and absolutely no problems. The biscuit is still supporting the heavy arrow just fine with no real signs of wear. Have yet to have the string tangle with the rest. Actually the string feeding is more reliable than ever. By the way, I am using an AMS Retriever. My index finger thanks me and the fish don't laugh about an arrow falling off the rest.

Whole point is, I haven't read of any of you using one. So if you are wondering about it, I am here to tell you it works great. Works well enough that I will be glad to replace worn out biscuits, but so far haven't needed to.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:55 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Anyone?

I figured it would work well for some people. Just not for me. I have tried "instinctive" shooting with a whisker biscuit and failed miserably. I shoot better instictivly without one. For me it is just personal preference. Maybe someday I will try it again!
Old 06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Anyone?

No one I've met uses the WB for bowfishing, but it looks like it would work great.
Just use the AMS safety slides with it so the line never comes back past the rest.

There is a Bowfishing WB that is supposed to have stiffer bristles than the original. They should last pretty long without fletching to wear on them.

I've also heard you can put hairspray on the bristles to stiffen them once they get a bit broken in.