Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Some of my knives

Old 10-01-2023, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some real nice looking knifes & nice work- guess no new ones for a while now. Glad to hear it was only a few stitchs mishap u had. Dymondwood hmm looks realnice

Old 12-12-2023, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Knightia
Some real nice looking knifes & nice work- guess no new ones for a while now. Glad to hear it was only a few stitchs mishap u had. Dymondwood hmm looks realnice
I actually have been making a few.

Those were made for capping knives. I have used them a ton just gutting and skinning. A good friend of mine built the sheath for me to carry in my day pack. They are made out of 154 CPM steel and Cryogenically treated.

I built this knife for a buddy of mine. I sharpen these knives with a Work Sharp Ken onion. They are scarry sharp.

I built a couple of these Russel Green River knives. I used buffalo horn for the scales. I also used cold blue to give them some color. I started to make a few sheaths. My leather making skills are poor at best.

I built this knife for my father in law. I called it the grandfather knife.

Each Mosaic pin I built my self is the color of one of his children. The single brass pins stand for his grandkids. The three pins in a cluster are his In-law kids. The Red one is my wife's color. Her pin is supposed to look like a dog paw.

This next knife was built with 154 CPM and it was Cryogenically treated. I hand built the pins and added Yellow to represent my wife. It is her favorite color and added my old pointing dog's hair to the epoxy so I always have her with me. She passed away several years ago. I built the ring to accompany the knife. This knife was to be my best creation, and so far it is.

This next knife was actually a knife that a man brought to me. It was his grandmothers kitchen knife. He remembered her using it when he was just a kid, he is now about 70 years old. The knife was old when he remembered it. The handle was in poor condition and his wife wanted to throw it away. I restored it and added cold blue to the carbon steel blade. I sharpened it to a scary sharp state. It was built by the company called Village Blacksmith in Watertown Wis. It is a very old knife. Now it is restored and has a new set of Black Walnut Dymondwood scales.

This one was commissioned by my Barber for her husband. The hand built mosaic pins represent her and her children. That one turned out pretty nice.

I have done others but this is a few. I build one every once in a while to keep in practice.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Terrific looking work on those knives Ron . Love the way they personalized . Only the owner and the maker of the knife would know what it all means
Old 12-12-2023, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Beautiful work
Old 12-12-2023, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great stuff! I particularly like the two knife combo.
Old 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I first started building them I did a lot, I gave away most of them. I was making a great wage at work making fish feed. I had tons of time off that allowed me to learn and experiment. I wanted to learn so when I went into retirement I could build and sell knives. I also planned to make and sell paper patched muzzleloader bullets. I also planned to make and sell sturgeon sinkers.
Old 12-21-2023, 04:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for posting all those new photos IdahoRon- very nice work yep ( i esp like the ones with the mosaic pins & those little capping ones to & you used that old steel for that one & nahh that leather/work not to bad/shabby either.

sturgeon sinkers.hmmm

i think i remember seeing some ppl catching sturgeon there-( Hells canyon i think it was- big ones!
Old 12-25-2023, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Merry Christmas Ron & Y all To
Old 12-25-2023, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Knightia
Merry Christmas Ron & Y all To
Thank You sir. Have a great Christmas