Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Does anyone know where can I get some...

Old 03-24-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Does anyone know where can I get some...

...TC brand "primitive sights" for their TC Hawken / Renegade muzzleloaders?
Old 03-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Does anyone know where can I get some...

Have you tried;

Muzzleloader Builders Supply

I have their catalog and they have a large selection of different sights in the catalog and on line. Since they deal in building rifles, they might be able to help you out Roundball. They are real nice people to deal with.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Have you tried;

Muzzleloader Builders Supply

I have their catalog and they have a large selection of different sights in the catalog and on line. Since they deal in building rifles, they might be able to help you out Roundball. They are real nice people to deal with.
Thanks...I've checked with them and several of the established suppliers...nada...thought I'd post on message boards in case somebody might have or know where some are
Old 03-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are four phone numbers to call if you scroll down half-way down to "Sights". Lots of various ML references up & down this webpage. Dated 1995 so phone numbers may be obsolete.

http://www.logicsouth.com/~lcoble/dir5/blackpo1.txt
Old 03-25-2005, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

There are four phone numbers to call if you scroll down half-way down to "Sights". Lots of various ML references up & down this webpage. Dated 1995 so phone numbers may be obsolete.

http://www.logicsouth.com/~lcoble/dir5/blackpo1.txt
Thank you...I'll see what turns up
Old 03-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another option is a newbie poster here. Here is his profile below. I'm sure you'll recognize his name. Send him an email. It may be a while if you try to PM him. He may only come here periodically.

Pigbuster
Old 03-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another-another option.

When you reach this site
Click on "Custom Rifle & Pistol Components"
Then click on "Sights"

Log Cabin Shop
Old 03-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

what exzactly are you after? i have the original sites that came off my TC hawken.....all metal...rear screws on....all metal....fully adjustable......front slides into a dovetail.....all metal.....is that what you want? or you want REAL primative iron sites??
Old 03-26-2005, 06:50 AM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

what exzactly are you after? i have the original sites that came off my TC hawken.....all metal...rear screws on....all metal....fully adjustable......front slides into a dovetail.....all metal.....is that what you want? or you want REAL primative iron sites??

TC used to use a set of fixed 'primitive' style sights...rear was a big coarse tall piece of steel with a vertical slot in it (#9070) and the matching front sight was a big coarse 'Patridge' style vertical blade (#9060).

They discontinued them years ago, using the adjustable rear and bead front sights we typically see on TC Hawkens instead.

I was looking for a set of the old style primitive sights to convert a spare TC round ball barrel I have...found some last night at D&R Sports.

Bill
Old 03-26-2005, 09:47 AM

I think that Track of the Wolf has a lot of sights that could be used, if you're handy with a soldering iron. Sounds like you want "real" primative sights? My old Hawken has an adjustible rear sight held in by a screw and the front sight is dovetailed into the barrel. This gun is at least 25 years old.