Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

Old 03-02-2005, 12:05 PM

Default RE: TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

AJ52

This thread could get ugly... keep a close eye on it please.

I'm done here .... I got 2-1/2 cents in already -- that's enough!
I believe it's a little too late, we've already witnessed 2-1/2 cents worth of "ugly",.... !!

YMHS
rollingb
Old 03-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Roundball,

Thanks much for the announcement FYI regarding the TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association.

I find the announcement of value for continued growth within the Muzzleloading and Blackpowder Communities.

Thanks again Roundball!

Regarding the personalized agenda, platform, fertilizer and childish bickering that comprises the bulk of the remainder of this thread, this serves no purpose whatsoever for those of us that value Hunting.Net and other muzzleloading sites.

Most importantly, I'm dissapointed for the folks that participate in this sport and come to this and other sites looking to gain and share knowledge and information.

Really set's a poor example.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Tahquamenon,.... Well stated,... and I wish to assure everyone that the TMA is dedicated to the preservation of traditional muzzleloaders, and it's "agenda" should not be viewed as an attack aginst other types of muzzleloaders or the fellas that use them. This can also be said for the gentleman that hosts the forum on which the TMA is currently using as it's "cyber campsite".

Respectfully yours,
rollingb
Old 03-02-2005, 01:59 PM
bigcountry

Isn't kinda silly and waste of time for TMA? Are traditional muzzleloaders indanger of being banned and need preservation??? What is TMA plan for the preservation of Traditional muzzleloaders or agenda? I guess what I am asking is what is its purpose in life? What does it stand for? Just we like to shoot traditional muzzleloaders, hear us roar?

I just don't understand why people can't just shoot and have a good time without special interest organizations and little clubs. I guess people has alot of time on thier hands.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some folks get into muzzleloading because they were interested in those old ways and wanted to try it.
Some folks get into ANYTHING just so they can throw their arse around and swog thru the muck and mire and make political crap about whatever they can..... I.E.: they love to argue.

Who of us fits where is up for discussion. I have one question though. What were the results of the poll to ban modern ML on Claude's forum? Not only was I unable to vote (as many were) but the whole darned thing seems to have disappeared. Seems strange to me. I think most responders voted to let it stay, I did. I think the whole false conflict of Trad. vs. Mod is silly at best. Why don't we just argue over which is best, Ford or Chevy, Pepsi or Coke, menthol vs. regular...I shoot fintlock, but I have no interest in dressing up like Hatchet Jack. If I have to dress like that to be accepted in ML then I might buy an inline afterall! On second thought I'll just skip MLing totally and go with a bow or centerfire...OOPS, that's another fight in itself....Archers vs. Gunners!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:39 PM

The TMA is dedicated to preserving the rich, and fascinating heritage of the Traditional Muzzleloading Firearms of early America.

The purpose of TMA's forum is to discuss all aspects of Traditional Muzzleloading in a friendly, family atmosphere.

This includes, but is not limited to, Rendezvous, Reenactments, Historical Clothing, Camps, Trapping, and Weapons, and Accouterments as well as other historical topic's prior to 1900.

It is not the aspiration of the Founding Persons of the TMA to be in competition with any other gun related Clubs, Organizations, or Associations. We especially do not wish to make negative remarks or be condescending of any Association, or Individual, due their choice of weaponry. It's our belief that all true sportsmen, and gun owners should stand together for the preservation of all our collective rights.

We know and understand that others are fighting for their sports. Just as we the members of the Traditional Muzzleloading Association are willing to take up our symbolic arms against any, and all threats trying to tread on our rights!

We pledge our help, and support to the 2nd Amendment, and to any and all youth groups wishing to learn the safe, and responsible handling of these Traditional Firearms.

We fully realize those who have no interest in historical weapons will probably also have no interest whatsoever in the TMA.

YMHS
rollingb
Old 03-02-2005, 03:23 PM
bigcountry

I guess the problem rolling is you have a history of bashing inlines and have publically have said you only visit modern forums to stir a tad and to see where inlines are going to see how it might affect traditional shooting. Your agenda was quite clear, but now telling us, that no one should feel threatened by a group you are heading up. I mean you and I got into this debate not a month ago on another forum.

Now, if your bunch of guys just wanting to talk about reenacting and traditional arms then you already have that on other forums like the one you are referring too.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I guess the problem rolling is you have a history of bashing inlines and have publically have said you only visit modern forums to stir a tad and to see where inlines are going to see how it might affect traditional shooting. Your agenda was quite clear, but now telling us, that no one should feel threatened by a group you are heading up. I mean you and I got into this debate not a month ago on another forum.

Now, if your bunch of guys just wanting to talk about reenacting and traditional arms then you already have that on other forums like the one you are referring too.
Bigcountry,.... You are absolutely correct in your "observation", I am concerned in the direction modern inlines will take "muzzleloader regulations" during future special muzzleloader seasons as technology advances.

However, I must ask "why" you feel threatened by a traditional muzzleloading association????

The TMA cannot drag you (kick'n and scream'n) into the TMA aginst your "will", any more than you can force me to buy a modern inline rifle.

I hear a lot of TMA bashing on this forum by those who's only interest in the TMA is to "degrade it's concept" while it may hold some interest for the traditional muzzleloader shooters on this forum.

If there are no traditional muzzleloader shooters here, then I humbly appologise for entering this forum.

Believe me, I never imagined I'd be discussing the TMA with modern inline shooters when I came here.

YMHS
rollingb
Old 03-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

rollingb,

I wish you all the best luck in the world with your new Association. I also know that I couldn't qualify as member, while i love the past and I love teaching about i also like inlines and do see a value in them. And while I don't always agree with Bigcountry, I think he has a valid point about how you and a few others would drop in on the inline sections just to stir the pot, thankfully Claude tried to make an impression that it would not be tolerated.

On the otherhand, it is really hard for me to support you when I know deep down you would prefer that I and others never shoot or hunt with inlines or that they would some how be eliminated. I truly do not want to see or would I avocate that your sidehammers or even real Black Powder be banned, and unfortunately the latter about BP is being considered more and more, certainly regualation of its sale and to whom - non of that I would I vote for but there are a lot of other people out there that would - someday you might need us. And there will be a day all of us are going to need each other.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

, thankfully Claude tried to make an impression that it would not be tolerated.
Thank you for your reply and "best wishs" towards the TMA,.... the above "quote" verifies what I've said in regards to the Muzzleloading Forum and it's "policy" towards modern inlines,.... and the "reason" I was asked to come here and refute the "aligations" made by Triple7 aginst Mr. Mathis and his forum.
After reading some of the posts on this topic, I think this has now effectively been accomplished and the "truth" is known.

I wish this forum, "all the best",....!!

Repectfully,
rollingb

Quick Reply: TMA - Traditional Muzzleloader Association

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.