Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Smokeless Shooting Made Easier

Old 01-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Smokeless Shooting Made Easier

Read about it by clicking right here.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:16 AM

Default RE: Smokeless Shooting Made Easier

what is the purpose of this? i see no increse in velocity,or accuracy.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like a great idea to me, assuming the pressures generated fall within the limitations of the barrel. Smokeless would probably help with the dreaded "crud ring".

I don't see myself running out to get one though.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

I think this might be fun to use during normal rifle seasons but I fail to see how this is any thing like a ML but then again I don't support the use of the Savage 10ml either.

Eric
Old 01-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'll stick with what I have, but don't take it me to seriously, I'm just trying to get enough post to not be some dorky fawn.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

The overbuilt Encore frame can handle barrels/cartridges up to 375 H&H Mag. So this gadget should not be an issue with the frame.
Not much about the company though. Looks like some guy out of his garage.

I would be interesting to see some performance data to include pressures and burn ratio's as compared to BP in the encore. Real test and evaluation not just some flimsy FAQ on a website.

I'm sure your T/C warranty and/or liability would be history if there were a failure associated using this little gadget.

I would not expect to see this product for anything other the Encore.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:46 PM

If the "cartridge" in the picture holds the powder charge, it is considered a breech loader and won't be approved for muzzloading regardless of whether the bullet is loaded from the front or not.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Viking_hunter is right on here.
If I were interested in using this for ML hunting season, I would for sure contact the DNR legal beagles for my state for an official ruling prior. My guess would be not a chance. At least here in Michigan.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:39 PM

Nothing new under the sun. Match shooters did that for years with brechloading BP firearms. One case, reprimed for every shot. Prime the case, load with BP, and seat a wad over the powder. Load the case, then seat a bullet downbore onto the case. Consistent charge, consistent seating, shows up on target. NOT muzzleloading, anyway you look at it.

I guess I'm just funny, but I thought the whole idea of muzzleloading was to use a muzzleloader and BP...
Old 01-21-2005, 05:37 PM

I may be the only one in the forum, but I bought mine Encore as a muzzle loader, not a centerfire rifle. Are we not changing things such that our muzzle loader seasons may be deemed irrevelant by our wildlife and fisheries, thus just throwing us in with the regular season.
But who am I to question the logic.

swatts

Quick Reply: Smokeless Shooting Made Easier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.