Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hammer Extension for Encore?

Old 11-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hammer Extension for Encore?

I have an Encore and put a bushnell scope on it. Does anyone make a hammer extension that I can put on it. I can just barely get my fingers in under the scope and it is a big pain to get the hammer back, probably impossible when my fingers will be half frozen. Any suggestions? I really dont want raised scope rings....
Old 11-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hammer Extension for Encore?

encore hammer extension is this what your looking for? Hope it helps with your problem.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Typical Buck

I've got two Encore frames and have extentions on both. Both are from Bellm and they are the best I've seen. They're simple to attach and will solve your problem.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you guys so much. I have been looking all over for almost a year trying to find one of those. I should have asked earlier. Now I just hope it comes in before the season opener. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Old 11-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I think Mike could do to improve that extension would be to use a brass ended set screw. Believe me, don't crank down that set screw very much. It can EAT your hammer. Don't get me wrong - I think his is the best available.

huntinfool14, go to eBay and do a search for encore hammer extension. But Mike's is the best.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:53 PM

Looking for a year? You can get these extensions at cabelas, or gander, and they are everywhere on the internet.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:27 PM

Just an FYI for Encore hammer extensions. I called T/C Customer Service for a problem. The first thing the woman asked me was if I had a hammer extension on my Encore. When I said yes, she told me to take it off and that it will void any warranties if they see marks of one being installed. I think that this is bogus since you can't reach the darn hammer with a scope on it. Thought you guys might like to know that.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the info G2. Did she say why that would void the warranty? Don't make much since to me.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:39 PM

If I remember correctly, she gave me three reasons why you shouldn't have one installed.

1) If you pull back on the extension, you may torque the hammer and it may not cock at it's most rearward position. This will cause it to not have as much forward momentum to strike the firing pin.

2) If you pull back on the extension, you may torque the hammer and it may cock in a crooked position. This will cause more resistance on it's forward stroke and cause it to not have as much forward momentum to strike the firing pin.

3) The extension adds weight to the hammer. It must overcome that additional weight when you pull the trigger which may cause it to not have as much forward momentum to strike the firing pin.

Personally I think it is a load off cr@p. I haven't had any problems with rounds not firing except when the primer is countersunk.(Bad factory slugs) She didn't really give me a reason why it would void the warranty, just that it would.
Other than that conversation, I love my Encore and have had very good customer service from them.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

I appreciate the reply G2. Sounds like a bunch of crap too.

Quick Reply: Hammer Extension for Encore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.