Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

thompson omega piece of *%$#@??????

Old 11-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: thompson omega piece of *%$#@??????

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Don't got much going on with your life, do ya Bob.
lol....what ever....nice come back....and you would know about nothing going on in ones life.......................bob
Old 11-10-2004, 08:09 AM
bigcountry

Yea, sadly your right.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

I have 3 ML's, 2 use #11 caps and are based on Whitworth's findings... long conicals and fast twists makes for an accurate ML. My other inline does use 209's and that red plastic thingy... I am even contemplating using pellets in it also.

Not all inlines use shotgun primers...
Old 11-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Spike

All I know as a newbie is I can't wait to get my new traditional Encore and start shooting! JK
Todd
Old 11-12-2004, 03:55 PM

Hmm.. sometimes it's not the equipment,it's the operator.Never had any problems with my Omega,i can get five shots before getting any stiffness in the barrel
Old 11-16-2004, 07:03 AM

Funny story- I tried to load my omega and I broke the bullet starter then I broke the tip of the ramrod. While I did this I managed to chip my tooth loading the first bullet of the day(hornaday sabot). I learned the very hard way that you do not force the bullet down. You have to tap the sabot down. Is this fast enough for a follow up shot? No. Which is what makes ML a challenge. I am going to try Powerbelts to see if they load any easier because I like my teeth. I just hope tapping doesn't hurt the accuracy of the bullet.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm.. sometimes it's not the equipment,it's the operator.Never had any problems with my Omega,i can get five shots before getting any stiffness in the barrel
===============================================

Deerhuntr33

Is that with magnum 777 powder loads & the discussed sabot/bullets here? Please! Posts like yours that defy logic create more problems than solutions. You obviously have not purchased the new plastic sabots that T/C has put together in their new bullet-packs.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:17 AM

I'll jump in here. Courntey sounds like you should have bought a shot gun, if 16 point deer are crawling up your tree stand. You even can get 250+ out of them if you're willing to withstand the recoil of a 3.5 inch lightfield slug. Anyways, I actually FOLLOWED T/Cs break in schedule and I can put shockwaves with relitive ease down my encores barrel.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not an expert on the T/C Omega & shooting sabots. I do know about very tight rifled bores. Find smaller sized bullets for sabots or try different sabots. If you have the time you can get some round balls & patches & shoot a box of 100 thru rifle. That should take care of the tight bore.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:52 PM

Go for a CVA and use powerbelts. I can do 1" groups or less at 100yds, And I also know and have talked to people with similar results. They are inexpensive, accurate and dependable. You won't be dissapointed.

Quick Reply: thompson omega piece of *%$#@??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.