Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

thompson omega piece of *%$#@??????

Old 11-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: thompson omega piece of *%$#@??????

The comment about the primers is probably part of the problem. I have shot some pretty good groups with 209 primers but with Pyrodex. I am now using the .25ACP conversion that uses rifle primers and I get very good groups with fairly stout loads 82gr. of Black Mag3 runs 1980 to 1990fps. with the 295 Powerbelt out of my Omega.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:19 PM

Courtney, I agree with alot of these other guys. It's not T/C's problem that your in a panic and can't stuff the other shot down the barrel. That, my friend is called hunting. The stuff they make is of very good quality, and their name is enough to sell a product. Do you really think they care if your pissed off with them? One guy? Don't think so. What happened is after you hung up the phone, the all had a good laugh. Even if you did take out an ad, your experiance wouldn't even scratch their sales. If you would have spent the time at the range to get to know your rifle, you would have known what to expect. The good folks at T/C were kind enough to try to help you out, and you instead over reacted to them. Don't expect them to bend over backwards for you. I love my T/C, and don't take kindly to someone badmouthing them.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

The Omega is THE greatest traditional powder gun on the market IMHO
when you say traditional do you mean black powder traditional....but you guys don't even use real black powder in these rifle or shotgun primered rifles....don't get me wrong about inlines there here and thats that....but please don't say traditional when it's just an inline....inline meaning that it's fired just like a centerfire that it's just loaded down the muzzl "hence the name muzzleloader"....but you guys shoot with a scope plastic stocks and shinny SS barrels....it's all to get another chance at in another deer season....i own a T/C hawken flintlock .50 and use it in the regular deer season with all the other guys with there centerfires....along with the blackpowder seasons....like i said don't get me wrong about inlines to each there own but calling them traditional just gets under my skin....i bet anyone if they shoot a flintlock or even a caplock with open sights you guys might even switch to them for they are great to shoot and when you down a deer with them it's even better then nailing one at over 100 yards that didn't even know you where there with an inline....i know when i can count eyelashes and the deer doesn't know i'm there yet brings awhole new meaning of buck fever even if it's not a buck....onca again sorry just venting at the saying of traditional while talking about an inline....wishing you guys luck in your hunting season........................bob
Old 11-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see a pic of the 16 pointer!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Of course a T/C Hawken is not traditional either, the action type might be but the T/C is not...
Old 11-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

So Bob I guess the new Savages which shoot smokeless powder really gets under your skin!??!

By the way I have a TC Omega fluted stainless steel barrel with a thumbhole stock. and yes I muzzleload just to lengthen my deer season! I will make no apologies for that!
Old 11-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bob I respect your opinion and choice to use your flintlock. I believe the comment you quoted was in reference to yet another line drawn in the sand with muzzleloading, the smokeless offerings such as the savage ML 10. If where you hunt the definiton of a ML meaning stuff one shot down the barrel with a rod, attach some sort of ignition, regardless of the propellant, bullet or ignition the choice is yours to make and nobody should feel they have to justify it to others. I love hunting and any way to spend more time pursuing my passion than I am all for it.

i bet anyone if they shoot a flintlock or even a caplock with open sights you guys might even switch to them for they are great to shoot and when you down a deer with them it's even better then nailing one at over 100 yards that didn't even know you where there with an inline....i know when i can count eyelashes and the deer doesn't know i'm there yet brings awhole new meaning of buck fever even if it's not a buck
Hey Bob, you don't need to shoot a "traditional BP rifle" to experience this!!!! I bow hunt and pass a lot of deer in a given year regardless of my range/weapon. Not everybody picks up an and fires when a deer steps into the range window of the weapon in their lap.

Like I said I respect your choice and won't say a thing to dissuade you from that choice...why can't you extend me the same?

It is choice not who's better.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:28 AM
bigcountry

Don't got much going on with your life, do ya Bob.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't you just love it when a newbie with one post comes on here and stirs up a hornets nest and then doesn't even check back and post again. Did stir up some good conversation, but sounds like he was just trying to badmouth T/C on as many boards as possible. Although for the most part the post sounds legit, the comment about just getting the gun last week makes me wonder if this is just a hoax to get a rise. After all, if you are on this board for any length of time, you would know that T/C is well thought of here. Hope he proves me wrong.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Courtney may not want to reply after reading our replies & realizing his newbie mistakes. We all have to start somewhere in this sport & Courtney tried shooting his ML as an intermediate -- when really he needed to start as a beginner asking alot of questions before loading his gun.

No big deal.... not even Bob's reply about separating the traditional-style rifles from the inlines -- that's no big deal either. Inlines have been around longer than the sidelocks anyways.... traces back to the 1850s. Scopes date back even further. Most Traditional Gun Clubs adhere to how the sport evolved in the 1860s to 1890s time frame.. generally using flintlocks, real blackpowder with no scopes.

Whatever floats your boat... I say!

Quick Reply: thompson omega piece of *%$#@??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.