Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Omega......problems

Old 11-05-2004, 08:16 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: TC Omega......problems

LouisianaHunter, you want a tight fit. Tighter the tollerances, less blowby, more consistent velocity. You can buy a range rod, or T/C solid rod. And I bet you won't bend these.

I use Barnes Expanders, tightest fit on the market, but my results with 3-777 pellets are worth it. I get sub2MOA performance at well over 2000fps out of a 250gr setup. Devastating terminal performance.

Old 11-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I'm having a problem with Omega Stainless as well. I can't get the third 295 powerbelt down as deep as the first two. The sight is also a joke. Can't get the up/down to make a difference in the group. I just bought the TC 1x scope/rings and bases- I hope this works.
Any tips on what i can do about the the third powerbelt down? I use Triple Seven powder pellets.

Mathwesconquest2
Old 11-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tight bullet fit is not necessary for great accuracy. Some of the best shot groups occur with "slip-fit" conicals. My T/C Renegade 58 is a perfect example. If my index finger was long enough, I could load my bullet without a starter or ramrod.

On another note, having difficulty loading your 3rd Powerbelt means you need to swab between shots more often. Powerbelts do prefer a fouled bore, but not that fouled...lol.[X(]
Old 11-05-2004, 06:30 PM

Just got back from testing the Shockwaves with the Omege. I am very impressed...5 shots in a 1.5 inch group at 100 yards. 250 Shockwave over 100 gr's T7. No loading problems as I applied a light film of bore butter to the sabot to ease loading.

No more complaints, the gun shoots fine.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the tip Louisiana,i just tried that on my Omega with a 240 gr. XTP.i can get more bang for my buck now!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 04:32 PM

Hrtshot, You should try a White, if you ever have the Chance. Shoot All Day Long, without Swabing, Bullets Slide Down the Barrel with No Problems, and Accuracy is Outstanding with Big Ol Conicals.It's nice to Leave your Patches at Home!

www.whiterifles.com
Old 11-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Louisiana, I have heard from several of the gurus here and elsewhere that you should NOT use bore butter on sabots. I don't shoot sabots, so I don't remember the reason, but someone here probably knows. Might want to investigate it more before using it for hunting.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:58 AM

It is better to treat the barrel, not the sabot. Part of the reason why you shoud not lube the sabot is due to pressure, but a thin film should not make a difference.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Louisiana, I have heard from several of the gurus here and elsewhere that you should NOT use bore butter on sabots. I don't shoot sabots, so I don't remember the reason, but someone here probably knows.
===========================================

Plastic sabot will not properly engage grooves filled with Bore Butter -- doing so turns your rifled barrel into a smooth bore.... reducing spin, accuracy, & in many cases, bullet-keyholing occurs. The only "plus" is chronograph speed readouts.... improved muzzle velocity while missing the entire animal sometimes.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:30 AM

I just got my .45 Omega last year. Tried 2 pyrodex pellets with a few different bullets and settled on 195gr. Powerbelts. Shot a couple deer and everything was great. Until I tried 777 this year. Loading became more difficult and my accuracy went all to heck. Back to Pyrodex for me.

Quick Reply: TC Omega......problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.