Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

[?] T/C custom shop-Peep sight?

Old 03-02-2002, 08:30 PM

Default [?] T/C custom shop-Peep sight?

I e-mailed the T/C custom shop, Fox Ridge, several weeks ago to see about having a peep sight installed on one of my Renegades. I have not heard a word from them. Should I call instead of using e-mail? Canyonman, I see you had one installed on a Renegade. Did you have to ship the barrel to them when you had it installed, and how long did it take when you had them install yours? I'd like to hear from anybody who has dealt with them. Thanks, Bill
Old 03-03-2002, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: [?] T/C custom shop-Peep sight?

bbob, I e-mailed them a couple of months ago about having a peep installed on my greyhawk .They replied within 2 days.You may have to try again.They told me all I had to do was ship the tang.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:10 AM

BBob, when I had mine done it came about in a somewhat different way. My Renegade is something like 20 yrs. old and had developed some cracks in the stock. I called T/C to find out the cost and availibility of a new stock, they told me to send them the gun and all I would have to pay for was S/H. That is what led to my getting the peep sight installed, as well as , getting the barrel QLA'd. the whole process took about 2-3 weeks. Had to pay for the sight, QLA, and S/H the total came to something like 75.00.
Hope this helps. Larry
Old 03-03-2002, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

BBob,
Are you thinking of the #7194 Hunting Style Tang-mounted Peep sight? If so, they are available at Gun Shops and on the net.(approx. $50) They are easy to mount at home. The tang screw goes through the rear mounting hole in the sight. This will hold the sight in place. Once centered, use a punch to locate the front screw hole then you drill with a #29 bit and tap with a 8-32 tap. I just happen to have two brand new sights right here. They are good sights. Good luck!

Edited by - Weasel on 03/03/2002 11:23:25
Old 03-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Spike

it was about 6 weeks before i heard any thing .
Old 03-03-2002, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everytime I have Emailed T/C I would get a reply within a day or two. For some reason your Email must have gotten lost.Try again.Canyonman, I went through the same thing with a 25 yo (+ -) Renegade. My stock cracked to.T/C said to send them the stipped down stock to them. I received a new stock with a new lock, triggers etc. Everything but a new barrel and ramrod. The reason I'm mentioning this keep an eye on the new stock.About a year after the replacement,with the gun never being fired I noticed the new stock was cracked again.From the wedge pin back to the lock. T/C replaced it again but it was to late to use in last years BP season.Maybe this is a rare occurrence but it did happen.T/C does stand behind their products.Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-03-2002, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Just checked my Cabela's Shooting catalog. They have the sights for $42.99 (pg.64)
Old 03-04-2002, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I'll just give them a call. Bill