Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

deja vu all over again???

Old 08-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default deja vu all over again???

Ya' never know when your time is up.... when it's time to greet the Lord - the Reaper - or the next afterlife. For this young man, he was fortunate enough to express some sad words on his latest & LAST experience with his newest BPI-made ML.

Click Here To Read About What Your ML Can Do
Old 08-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: deja vu all over again???

WOW!!!! that is really something. I wonder what kind of load he was shooting? He said he fired 60 shots out of it before the thing blew. A eye opener. It will be interesting to see how BPI handles this one... Keep us posted would you?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deja vu all over again???

What he shot is further down in the post, but here is his description:

The gun i used was a .45 cal with 110 grains of 777
I had cleaned the gun two shots b4 and there was no shooter error, I am not getting errogant but i have muzzleloaded for almost 10 years now. I put the powder in the barrel and slid the power belt 275 grain down till it hit the powder and seated it firmly. I push the bullet down firmly after it hits the powder and the mark I made on the ram rod to insure the load is seated firmly on the powder. I was there with other guys and they watched me load the gun. There was no load on load because I had shot the target just minutes b4. I know what I am doing.
The barrel split on the flutes from the end of the barrel to the stock. Damn scary in my shorts. I was told that if Winchester is willing to just credit them another gun and ship them one out then i can have a new gun as soon as tommorow, Then I am going to get another gun and I waill never own another Winchester gun again. I have a model 70 in 300WSM and after 2 months of bitching i finaly got them to re ream there chamber my 300WSM, It was gouging my brass and was not letting it ejeck after it was shot. It fed in just fine and the bolt was closing fine. I have just had a gut full of there quanity and not quality. As far as I am concerned it is knight or TC from here on out with muzzleloaders.