Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Disc Elite

Old 06-15-2004, 11:40 AM
bigcountry

Default New Disc Elite

got my new disc elite SS with synthetic stock today. There is funny something in the bedding. Maybe guys with a disc elite can elaborate. I can push down on the forarm against the barrel and the trigger/reciever comes up out of the stock. I then can push the reciever side back in the stock and there is a 3/8" gap on the front of the stock and barrel. Not as bad with a ramrod in. It doesn't do this on my wolverine.

Old 06-15-2004, 05:10 PM

Default RE: New Disc Elite

That is Knighs attempt, at Pillar Bedding, and it works well! Ive had my Elite for almost a Year now, and im a firm believer in it's accuracy potential. Just be sure that the Barrel is pushed fully rearward, before tightening the Action Screw into the Stock. The Barrel is intended to be fully Free Floated, but mine will not let a sheet of Paper past the leading edge of the Stock. It does not seem to matter on mine, as it consisently puts 3 Shots into a 1" at 100 Yards, with a Generious Sprinkling of 3/4" Groups, on a GOOD Day. Triple 7 FFG is what my Shootin Iron Prefers, along with No Excuse or Bob's "News" also a conical. Does excellent with the Sabots as well, but i like sending Bunker Busters their way. Without a Doubt, The Disc Elite ,is the Most Accurate ML, That Knight has ever Produced. Good Luck!
Old 06-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Bigcountry thats good news, your email had me worried.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:58 AM
bigcountry

I am not too worried right now. I plan to shoot it first and make a decision on bedding. Gunsmith said now problem. Figured better to shoot first before removing material that can't be added later.

Old 06-16-2004, 09:02 AM
bigcountry

By the way, racksnbeards is the guy who picked up this beauty for me and took time out of his schedule to have it shipped just being a nice guy and meeting here on the forum. Goes to show ya, the world isn't going to the crapper yet. Good honest people out there. I like to think the shooting community is the better of them all. All trades, and buys have been honest and fair for me.

Now I ride a HD, and do a whole lot of swapping, trading, sellin. Dealing with these folks can be a risk. I have been thiefed, lied too, you name it. But that was only 10% of my deal.