Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

easiest to clean inlines

Old 06-13-2004, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: easiest to clean inlines

I own the Renegade & Omega! Both take the same amount of time to clean. Cleaning nipple holes, around hammers & power-flushing the bore with soapy water takes the same amount (or) less time than unscrewing breechplugs, cleaning them, anti-seizing them, inserting them, cleaning the Omega hammer/plunger area, cleaning residue from the trigger area and just below the hammer/plunger area.
DITO to all, I have a TC Hawkins and an Omega,both take the same amount of time to do a good job on them.But I never really understood all the fuss everyone makes about cleaning muzzleloaders,the main thing is to just do it in a timely fashion when you are done using it,15 min. isn't to much to ask to be able to hunt with blackpowder or substitutes is it?
Old 06-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

I'll have to agree with mlaubner, the Encore is about as easy as it gets. Remove the primer extractor and breechplug and you're ready to clean.[8D]
Old 06-25-2004, 05:57 PM

My Knight .50 is pretty easy to clean. Pull the bolt out, remove the breach plug and go to town. Course if I want to REALLY clean it it becomes more time consuming that dificullt.