Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What's a good powder measure??

Old 02-06-2004, 08:49 PM

Default What's a good powder measure??

I bought some Triple7 loose powder this week and now I need a good, accurate powder measure. Can anybody recommend a good one that you have used and liked? Here's one from Cabela's, is it a decent one?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's a good powder measure??

The one you have pictured is probably as good as any. Just make sure you don't switch measures once you have worked up a load. Not all measures may be the same. have fun.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Dominant Buck

These were on sale at the end of the season at Wal Mart for $2.00 each, so I bought three of them... they are see through

Old 02-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Those see-thru measures are the BOMB!
I love 'em!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Just a suggestion I measure out my powder charge and put them in small pill bottles or in clear plastic tubes while hunting. I use a lubed home made t/c maxiball so the quick loads I don't use because the powder and lube tend to get stuck together. But with the power belts and newer conicals you wouldn't have that problem.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I found the plastic container 35mm film comes in works fantastic as a speed loader. I saved all of mine. A friend of mine went to a store that does developing and asked them if they had any and they gave him a whole bag of the things with the lids. He loads up about six charges without the projectile, he carries those in a loading block. and believe me he can load fast and he does not take up a lot of room in his possible bag.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:04 PM

I also bought the clear ones from Wal-Mart. I would like being able to see the powder as I measure it. Also I plan on using film canisters to carry my loose powder in and my bullets in plastic tubes.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody know of a brassy one that produces clearer defining numbers? Most have numbers that reflect the same color as the tube. Reading eyeglasses is what I'm trying to avoid bringing during hunting. Looking for a measurer that allows more eye friendship/forgiveness.... so-to-speak... one that reaches 120 grains... thanks!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Se7en ................
I can't say I know of any brass measure that has more defined numbers..............but if you can get one with indented numbers & graduation lines, you ought to be able to rub a little white or florescent paint into the grooves to make it easier to read.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:56 AM

The clear powder measurer I use came with my Traditions Deerhunter Flint ML. One side is a measure and the other a bullet holder so it doubles as a speed loader. My Deerhunter also came with 3 red speed loaders that have powder on one side and bullet on the other. I did pick up some green speed loaders for my in-line which I load bullet and pellets. I like both types of loaders since I can easily carry them and quickly reload while hunting.

T

Quick Reply: What's a good powder measure??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.