Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Traditions Youth Inline with Round Ball Barrel

Old 09-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Traditions Youth Inline with Round Ball Barrel

New Traditions Youth Inline with Round Ball Barrel-4-h-yhec.jpg
---Click photo to enlarge---
Traditions has finally made an inline with a round ball barrel.
It appears that it's a model that's specially made for 4-H and YHEC youth competition.
I personally haven't seen a new regular production youth model PRB muzzle loader offered in about 20 years,
and that was also a Traditions that I taught my oldest son how to muzzle load with.

The fact that an adult stock is offered for it means that now there's a new rifle that can get passed down within a family
for the next generation of ML shooters.
I sent my youth model to a father in Texas for his little girl to learn to shoot with and enjoy.
She was so excited about getting her own rifle that she sent me a snack in the mail as a gift along with a card.
That memory still puts a big smile on my face.
Traditions really deserves some applause for a job well done to help keep muzzle loading alive!

Last edited by arcticap; 09-02-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

I spoke with Traditions and this model seems to only be available from http://www.muzzleloadershop.com/ in Arkansas as they had put in a special order for it.
It's the Buckstalker model #R72008540 with a youth stock and it does have a 1 in 48" twist.
Parts such as the adult buttstock would be available from Traditions.

Last edited by arcticap; 09-04-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

very interesting.wish it was 1-66
Old 09-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Luckily I have a .45cal Traditions Deerhunter with 1:66 twist that my daughter(aged 14) uses. Although Dad also enjoys the rifle
Old 09-15-2018, 06:23 AM
Spike

My only ball shooter is a CVA Kentucky (1:66")
Attached Thumbnails New Traditions Youth Inline with Round Ball Barrel-cva-2045-20kentucky.jpg  
Old 09-25-2018, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of the Traditions vendors tried to get them to make something similar in a 32cal for squirrels. Traditions appeared to be somewhat interested but i havent heard about any progress in awhile. Most of the guys that wanted them were interested in a particular faster twist so the PRB could be shot a bit slower. I want to say it was in the 1-30 range but i cant remember for sure. Sure would have been a neat squirrel rifle for those that didnt want to go sidelock. There are very few inline 32s or 36s.