Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Globe Sight

Old 02-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Globe Sight

Seems like this sight is no longer available for purchase. Kinda sad; i think i like it. The shield can be rotated which allows one to control the brightness of the fiber optic. This seems to be a real nice feature. It is nice the globe protects the fiber optic.

Broke trail on the way in, and saw a few deer tracks. Quit snowing late yesterday.

It was -7° when i left the house. At 4900' it was -14° when the shooting started. Aim was the bottom of the black circle. Load was 250g XTP, 90g Blackhorn, black crush rib sabot, W209 primer. Seems i could/should have shot better? Sure seemed warm when i carried the target back to the truck. It was 1° when i headed for the house.

_
Old 02-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Darn good shooting for open sights Ron. Looks as though you need a minor correction to the left though. But all in all I'd be pleased with it.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Warmed up here; decided to do some shooting. Mine was the first vehicle to leave the highway, so i had the fun of breaking trail through fresh fluff.

Cut fresh lion tracks; decided he was a big old tom with my expertise. Went ahead, and did some shooting. Load was the same as the OP; range was 101 yard.

Conditions for shooting were perfect. The shot target disgusted me; decided to sell the rust bucket rifle. Made six shots; decided to check out the lion tracks.

Wondered if he had just made a kill because of the blood, so parked the truck, and followed him up the ridge. From time to time the tracks looked too small to be a tom; made me think the lion may have been a female, but just couldn't decide. Saw a deer that for some reason didn't know i was there. Every now and again i saw blood in the track; decided the lion had a leaking foot. When the lion started up toward the highest steepest mountain in the area, i said 'good bye'. Took the final picture of a track with a large drop in it.

_
Old 02-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron, you always manager to post some interesting stuff. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's nice you enjoyed it. ☺

_
Old 02-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pretty cool checking out those lion tracks. I think you're probably right and it cut one of its pads. Likely on some ice or stepping on something sharp under the snow.
Love that open country.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

So how much for that horrible shooting rust bucket rifle? I just might have a couple of bucks laying around.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Changed the stock, and the sights; put them on another Omega.

Follows is the listing.

Omega with some Rust

_
Old 02-18-2018, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Little much for a rifle I'd have to spend hours hand lapping to clean up the pitting. I don't think fire lapping would get the job done. Not to mention the really bad part is in the chamber anyway. Thanks anyway though.