Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I got a doe on Saturday with my CVA Firebolt...

Old 10-27-2003, 11:09 AM

Default I got a doe on Saturday with my CVA Firebolt...

My cheap CVA Firebolt with scope did the job and took down a very nice doe. I was also shooting Powerbelt bullets 295 grain with 150 grains of Triple 7. She was following a buck with 3 other does, she was about 70 yards away when she stopped and was sniffing the wind. That is when I took my chance, aimed at the front shoulder and took the shoot. I missed that area and hit her in the neck and she went right down. No need to track.

Tomster

Old 10-27-2003, 01:47 PM

Default RE: I got a doe on Saturday with my CVA Firebolt...

Good job!

At least you got to see some doe. Saturday morning I had four different bucks hanging around me, no doe to be found. You know what it' s like to see all these buck during the early doe only season?

A central hit to that neck region is instant death. I especially try to hit there when I' m hunting public lands and every occasion I hit that neck/body junction the deer collapses. The impact must shock the spinal cord that runs through there and shut down the nervous system.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Congradulations Tomster. I bet the doe did not run to far after being hit in the neck with a load like that.

Old 10-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

How did you manage to hit her in the neck when you were aiming at her front shoulder?Scope off?
Old 10-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your doe. Even better eating with a neck shot.
Dan
Old 10-27-2003, 06:36 PM

Congrats! I got a buck last week with my Optima.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:31 AM

Trac209,

I went hunting with Bob1961 from the board last Monday in Pike County, PA. We went into one of the game lands in Pike County. Anyway, when we were getting ready, I stood my gun on the truck and it fell over right on the scope and probably knocked it off. Also I noticed it was loose but I did not have the time to resight it in.

Thanks for the congrats everyone since I had resigned my self to not getting a deer in the early season when these walked up on me. My stand is near a swamp, on my boarder line also near a lake. It is a runway for deer but sometime they take the easy route going by the lake without going through the swamp to get to the apple tree on my neighbor' s property.

There are tree' s in the swamp but there are a few clear lanes if I desire to shoot them along the lake.

Tomster
Old 11-02-2003, 10:12 PM

Just shot a doe Friday with my CVA Firebolt at 80 yds. with a 200 gr. TC Shockwave and 100 gr. of pyrodex pellets. Hit her double lung and she ran about 50 yrds and fell over in the middle of the stubble field. Congrats on your deer!!
Old 11-03-2003, 06:14 AM

UCObaseball,

Congrats on your deer too.

Tomster

Quick Reply: I got a doe on Saturday with my CVA Firebolt...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.