Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Understanding the Lehigh Controled fracturing bullets.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Darn it. I need to try and get me an elk tag. You guys are making me drool.
What I'd really like to get is a bull tag for PA. There are some real B&C whoppers roaming our north central mountains.
Yes there are for sure. But i dont even consider that hunting myself.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

You don't! Why not. They are wild animals. Not like they are in a high fence. Yeah there are people around and some are used to them. But there are still areas where they react to humans the way they do anywhere else.
I've been on 3 elk hunts already and never saw anything I wanted to release an arrow or drop the hammer on. I just never tried CO. I keep trying for WY and I've been to ID and MT for them.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by grouse45
yes there are for sure. But i dont even consider that hunting myself.
x2

Old 10-14-2016, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
You don't! Why not. They are wild animals. Not like they are in a high fence. Yeah there are people around and some are used to them. But there are still areas where they react to humans the way they do anywhere else.
I've been on 3 elk hunts already and never saw anything I wanted to release an arrow or drop the hammer on. I just never tried CO. I keep trying for WY and I've been to ID and MT for them.
I spend about three weekends a year in Elk country in PA. They are just way to tamed for me. I was asked to guide a guy one time and said no. The public land experience in Colorado has been really great for me. No guides, and figuring it all out on your own. I have never applied for that Elk tag. Or maybe i did once when it first started but i havent since. But its a great opportunity for someone who could really use the meat for sure.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta agree with Tom and Pete on this one Clem. I too was around those elk many times and could dang near walk up and pet every one I saw. Give them about 5 more years of being hunted seriously and they will start to be how they are supposed to be. As of now, they are still just too acclimated to human interactions.