Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Lehigh 265 gr. ML Bullet

Old 10-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Ya know, I just looked at your pics again Sabot and I have a little question. Now far be it for me to to question the "professionals" at Barns, but how can a bullet with a wider meplat have a higher BC than a bullet with a more narrow meplat? That math just doesn't compute in my poor little brain. I'm just looking at pics, mind you, not throwing the calipers on the bullets but that Barns bullet looks a good bit wider in the front than the Lehigh.

You know I honestly do not know... I have no claim being a ballistic person... I just give the program the information they ask and it returns a number. The computed BC is still far below their posted BC for their 451-300 Expander. I was actually hoping it would compute higher.

I will not know the true facts until Grouse has time to shoot it through his Chrono's. But with it being hunting season that may be way down the road.

Barnes 300 Expander
Diameter .451
Weight 300
Length 1.036
S.D 0.211
B.C 0.207

I could add when I have the two bullets side by side the Lehigh appears to be the sleeker bullet more in the form of a real rifle bullet adding the tip will even make it more streamlined. But, then again I am biased as Lehigh Dave's bullet always appearance more designed as rifle bullets to me.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
You know I honestly do not know... I have no claim being a ballistic person... I just give the program the information they ask and it returns a number. The computed BC is still far below their posted BC for their 451-300 Expander. I was actually hoping it would compute higher.

I will not know the true facts until Grouse has time to shoot it through his Chrono's. But with it being hunting season that may be way down the road.

Barnes 300 Expander
Diameter .451
Weight 300
Length 1.036
S.D 0.211
B.C 0.207

I could add when I have the two bullets side by side the Lehigh appears to be the sleeker bullet more in the form of a real rifle bullet adding the tip will even make it more streamlined. But, then again I am biased as Lehigh Dave's bullet always appearance more designed as rifle bullets to me.
That's cuzz they are! I'm glad you guys turned me on to Lehigh actually. I'm not just a ML bullet customer any more. Granted I don't think I'll be stepping away from my Hornady's any time soon but Lehighs pistol bullets as well as their X-treme penetrator bullets for my .458 SOCOM have impressed the hell out of me.