Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Defense shot show announcement!!!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

WV Hunter is right. Knight needs to upgrade their break/fall-action collection.

Look what CVA is going after in 2016 creation technology. They are loaded in the fall/break-action category and are going after creating a new lineup of bolt-action ML development in 2016/2017. They are going after Knight, so it's high-time Knight fights back.

Whomever is running CVA in that past handful of years, are a bunch of smart people, knowing what it takes to stay on-top. Look what they've done with the Powerbelt division. An overall subpar bullet that sits on every retail store shelf in America...... and at a ridiculous price...... and still sells-out every year.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 01-18-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chaded
Yeah the new kpx never came out and I haven't seen the knight 500 come out that they had introduced last year either.
I had the KPX 45 in a 1/20 twist for a month or so. Im glad it didn't come out myself.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I had the KPX 45 in a 1/20 twist for a month or so. Im glad it didn't come out myself.
Not based on if it was good or bad, but my thought is why bring it to SHOT show and then never take it to market? I know they want to continue to innovate and be upper end, and don't want to compete with CVA (and TC)... but (to me) it just makes sense to. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Not based on if it was good or bad, but my thought is why bring it to SHOT show and then never take it to market? I know they want to continue to innovate and be upper end, and don't want to compete with CVA (and TC)... but (to me) it just makes sense to. Maybe I'm wrong.
If one owns a smaller company, trying to compete with larger companies in most cases is a loosing battle. Build a top quality and accurate product, provide customer service timely and they'll sell rifles.
Mass produced rifles at a lower cost does appeal to a higher percentage of purchasers. Others may be more willing to spend more money for a higher quality rifle, which is where the smaller company may succeed.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
If one owns a smaller company, trying to compete with larger companies in most cases is a loosing battle. Build a top quality and accurate product, provide customer service timely and they'll sell rifles.
Mass produced rifles at a lower cost does appeal to a higher percentage of purchasers. Others may be more willing to spend more money for a higher quality rifle, which is where the smaller company may succeed.
I understand and agree with you on that. BUT.. I think they need to rework their break action line to be more competitive... even if it costs more than a CVA (which I would expect) at least they would have a competitive product design wise. I know they aren't going to go down to the $250-$300 price range... that's not their market.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand and agree with you on that. BUT.. I think they need to rework their break action line to be more competitive... even if it costs more than a CVA (which I would expect) at least they would have a competitive product design wise. I know they aren't going to go down to the $250-$300 price range... that's not their market.
Once you graduate to a quality bolt action, you forget about break open rifles
Old 01-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think Knight has anyone to try and make a better product internally. I'm sure they are trying to find someone if not already. I don't blame them for not going to shot show myself.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:07 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I don't think Knight has anyone to try and make a better product internally. I'm sure they are trying to find someone if not already. I don't blame them for not going to shot show myself.
I agree they dont need to be at the Shot show . They need to be looking for someone to buy Knight that will do justice to the Brand Name . Knight customers definitely deserve better .

Old 01-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

History tells us that at one time Knight came out with a couple "entry level rifles" such as the Shadow. Some believe this is what lead to their downfall at that time.

A good remake of the Shadow might have been popular with the entry level and seasonal hunting crowd.

IMO a neat idea would be to offer the Vision in a shotgun. It already looks like one.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-18-2016 at 10:12 AM.