Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

All that time casting.....

Old 12-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You pointed to anyone using a PRB. I happen to be one of them, so you did point it at me.

There will always be a better choice than what someone uses. So what? No matter how many dead animals you're shown that are killed with a PRB. All you can say it a conical would be a better choice. Dead is freaking dead!

We get it! You think a PRB is a poor choice. You don't have to keep telling us. In case it slipped your mind. This is the black powder forum. Lots of us use a PRB, and are very content for many reason with the choice. We don't need to be told we made a poor choice from someone who's never used them. It's become ridiculous.

Seriously. Who are you to tell us we made a bad choice?
I would say Muley said it all Old Bob. I notice over time you keep injecting your negative opinion about a PRB whenever you get the chance. I think most of the guys understand your position. At some point it gets to be a circular debate without any change or hope of a breakthrough. The choice of projectile goes right along with the type and level of equipment used and the hunters own ethical limits for the shot. There are a lot of BP hunters here that like to use a PRB. Continually bringing up an old argument borders on flaming. Just my opinion of course.

Let me add the rule just for informational purposes:

8. Do not engage in “flame-wars” or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to “pick a fight” with one another.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-31-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: add rule 6
Old 12-31-2015, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Daniel Boone died at the age of 85, conicals weren't around then, this was during the period of Longhunters...During his lifetime he killed thousands of deer along with buffalo, elk and other game...Those of us that actually want to learn how to use flintlocks stay as close to traditional as we can...

If you are going to use a flintlock, why in the hell would you use anything other than a round ball???
Old 12-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I would say Muley said it all Old Bob. I notice over time you keep injecting your negative opinion about a PRB whenever you get the chance. I think most of the guys understand your position. At some point it gets to be a circular debate without any change or hope of a breakthrough. The choice of projectile goes right along with the type and level of equipment used and the hunters own ethical limits for the shot. There are a lot of BP hunters here that like to use a PRB. Continually bringing up an old argument borders on flaming. Just my opinion of course.

Let me add the rule just for informational purposes:

8. Do not engage in “flame-wars” or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to “pick a fight” with one another.
CI,
Of course I reiterate that the RB is a bad choice. This position is confirmed by the data I post. I am not Lyman Products Corporation, I publish no books. I am not Sam Fadala, I write no books. I am not affiliated in any way with any other providers of published data whom I have quoted, I merely quote them. My position is not circular, it is based upon the work of others. The facts don't change. I suspect that some of the frustration of other members is due the fact that there is no quotable body of work that refutes what I have said. And what I have said is not merely a personal opinion. It should be easy to point out errors in my postings, and reply, "OldBob, you're full of BS!" It is much more difficult, and in this case I suspect impossible, to argue with the compiled data of experts in the field.

So, in my mind, I am not "flaming." I bear no ill will to anyone here. Let me quote someone else, author unknown: "Ask opinions of other hunters on NEW technology, GEAR, and methods of blackpowder hunting." Note the emphasis. The stated philosophy of the forum seems incongruent with the continued usage of outdated, and inferior, equipment. That's why I was so surprised to find a discussion on RB, of all things. If statutes restrict you to their use, then you have no choice. For those who are not so limited, I can't see any good reason to use this relic of the smoothbore era.

So if you want to accuse me of flaming, and have me banned, I have no recourse. The facts are the facts, though, and I will never make any statement to deny them, regardless of who may be offended. "You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts." -Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

OldBob
Old 12-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Banned

If only i could get three pages of responses on my good posts like the Walker post i made yesterday!!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your data proves nothing. Nothing Bob!

We refute your ballistic data with dead animals. Which you seem to ignore.

Sam Fadala has killed a lot of game with a PRB. Just get one of his older books. As did Toby who now puts down the PRB.

You like to think of yourself as intelligent i'm guessing. You don't show it, and can't see the trees from the forest. All you see are ballistic tables, and completely ignore the results that a PRB get. How do you explain the kills if the PRB isn't supposed to be effective according to your ballistic tables, or something you read on a forum?

Answer that question instead of dodging it like you have been. Explain the kills?

While you're at it. Answer this too. What is everybody supposed to do with their guns that have deer rifling, slow twist barrels? Should we throw them away, because they'll only shoot the outdated ineffective PRB? Of course we should, because you told us our guns are worthless to hunt with.

Bob.........you need to quit. You've lost all credibility. I'd like to tell you what I really feel, but i'd rather not get banned. Then again, it might be worth it.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

More for you to ponder Bob. Done with a smooth bore.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 12-31-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 12-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 12-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 12-31-2015, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can post a thousand of them Bob.

It's my proof that a PRB works. Where's yours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.