Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
i'm not sure on the bore diameter on these cva's i'll have to slug the barrel one of these day's . does anyone know how these barrels run some manufacturers run small and some run larger i wonder if these barrels will shoot slip fit no excuse type slugs well ?
When I got my Optima V2 pistol last March I inquired from CVA about the bore diameter. They told me via email that the Optima's were .500 bores. I haven't slugged mine but did check with a caliper an the best I could tell they were correct.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

that doesn't scare me i'll try it i'm a pretty big guy haven't shot anything yet that bothers me !!
Wait until you're my age, and all the big guy has disappeared.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Wait until you're my age, and all the big guy has disappeared.
lol i thought you get bigger with age ?
Old 01-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by toytruck
When I got my Optima V2 pistol last March I inquired from CVA about the bore diameter. They told me via email that the Optima's were .500 bores. I haven't slugged mine but did check with a caliper an the best I could tell they were correct.
not saying that i will but that could be opened up with fire lapping the barrel if one chose to want to shoot slip fit bullets ?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

not saying that i will but that could be opened up with fire lapping the barrel if one chose to want to shoot slip fit bullets ?
If you want to shoot slip fit conicals - might contact Dan and Tina @ Bull Shop bullets. He will size them for you bore if he has the sizer you need...

Also the lube he uses is really really good and Dan takes a lot of pride in the bullets he produces...

Old 01-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol i thought you get bigger with age ?
Only if you keep eating like you did when you were younger.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Only if you keep eating like you did when you were younger.
yeah i hear that from the wife all the time thanks !
Old 01-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
If you want to shoot slip fit conicals - might contact Dan and Tina @ Bull Shop bullets. He will size them for you bore if he has the sizer you need...

Also the lube he uses is really really good and Dan takes a lot of pride in the bullets he produces...

ok thanks for the heads up not sure how much messing around i'm planning on with this cva?
Old 01-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

so i called cva today to ask about the fereral bor lock mz bullets for starters he said he never heard of them before so my first thought was he's lying or he's been living under a rock ? lol so anyway i tried to explain what they are and they are technically not a sabot he said then no problem then i said i wanted to shoot the 350 gr ones and he said no problem if you drop your powder charge i said i planned on starting at 80 -100 grs bh209 he said that should be no problem! should we take him at his word ? how the heck could he not know about the federal bor lock bullets ? anyway i'm sure i will hear what you guy's have to say !! thanks!

Last edited by muzzlestuffer; 01-07-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

No surprise at all for CVA. I think those guys have a sheet in front of them with known problems and set answers.

If it isn't on the list. No answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.