Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 01-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I have to disagree. You'll be fine with the 350gr Feds. It's not a saboted bullet.
Last summer that bullet, when tested, was shot through my Optima. Only two shots though.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i'm going to have to call you on that. Savage says to always use sabots in their smokeless muzzy, because the sabot will blow out if the pressure gets too high.

So, why would CVA limit sabot size? I'm not saying the manual doesn't say that, but your theory on the skirt on a PB blowing is flawed.
Yes Pete, a sabot is a safety valve as well. But a bullet and sabot is a hell of a lot tighter then a powerbelt. A powerbelt doesn't get tight until the pressure under the gas check builds and makes the powerbelt obturate and engage the rifling leaving the bore. As far as I know, only lead bullets obturate. You take a Lehigh Brass bullet thats not happening at all. So the sabot blows and the gas leaks around the bullet.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Talking out of your rear again as usual. That thing against the trucks was from 2008-2012 models and it wasn't about them catching fire, it was a steering box issue. They also had problems with several other models from Fiat/Chrysler with your Jeep being one of them

And Audi transmissions suck? Funny, no problems with the 2 I own nor with the 2 my son owns (and that boy is a lead foot) or the 3 my other son owns nor with anyone else I know with Audi's. And just what retard told you that horsepucky about removing the oil plug? I service my own vehicles, have for the 50+ years of being a car owner. Both mine have oil drain plugs. You seriously need to quit talking out your rear MD. Especially about things you know absolutely nothing about.
Audi lets you service your own truck without it affecting your warranty?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me fill you in.

Grouse gets free stuff from Knight.

MountainDevil gets free stuff from CVA.
we'll i guess some have a agenda? we'll i don't. i can sure tell you though i didn't even think anyone would respond to my thread let alone for it to turn into this !!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Yes Pete, a sabot is a safety valve as well. But a bullet and sabot is a hell of a lot tighter then a powerbelt. A powerbelt doesn't get tight until the pressure under the gas check builds and makes the powerbelt obturate and engage the rifling leaving the bore. As far as I know, only lead bullets obturate. You take a Lehigh Brass bullet thats not happening at all. So the sabot blows and the gas leaks around the bullet.
Some and maybe even many of the copper/lead bullets will obturate also. Especially those with a very thin copper coat.

Soft lead bullets like the Power Belt will and do obturate when shot. The degree of obturation is also effected by the strength of the gas pressure and weight of the bullet.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
well i don't like it when someone say's there's something fishy about me if you knew me you sure wouldn't say that !
He shoots from the hip on everything. His mouth goes and doesn't stop. I'm only trying to help you out, ignore him.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Exactly. So, how can the PB skirt blow when the bullet is obturated in the bore?

I don't know why CVA puts the restriction on sabots. The heavy PB don't blow the skirt when shot, and the 444gr PB's are fine to shoot. Lots of guys use the 405gr for elk with zero problems. I shot a bunch of 460gr NoExcuses bullets in my old MR with no problems.

Something is wrong with this picture.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
we'll i guess some have a agenda? we'll i don't. i can sure tell you though i didn't even think anyone would respond to my thread let alone for it to turn into this !!
I've tried to help you from the beginning, but you weren't open to it.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Audi lets you service your own truck without it affecting your warranty?

Basic maintenance such as oil changes and such yes. A company can't negate a warranty for not PAYING for basic services by their dealerships. Only if you modify a vehicle can you null a warranty. Or have a non certified mechanic turn wrenches on warranty covered parts. And my Audi's are cars, my Dodge is a truck
Old 01-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Getting to this party really late.. but I think muzzlstuffer is asking about Federal Game Shok bullets.

The Federal Bore lok is a completely different bullet... or is that what he is asking about?
i'm sorry i mis spoke it's the bor lock ! sorry for the confusion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.