Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Your going to get someone hurt someday. You absolutely don't have a clue what your shooting your mouth off about. You need to go to your forum and stay there. If there's not enough going on there to keep you busy, you really need to think about why that is. I don't know what moderator brought you back, but they need to send you back.
You soooo funny! My lil knight shill. When i get home i shall present you with cvas unlimited projectile weight with powerbelts.

You do realize ive known for two days now that u and some others are just crap talking to try and get a rise out of me?

Why aren't u over on the knight forum where you belong? You do work with them afterall right? Well maybe not since they dumped that range rod
Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

so guy's i know that the hottest loads are usually not the most accurate so that being said anybody shoot the federal game shok 275gr out of a v2/lr rifle ? i'm thinking in the 90-100 gr.bh209 area. too bad i can't try the lead 350 gr as well!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Audi A6 or a Dodge 2500 or , if the wife lets me, her S7
An audi? Man thosr trannies they use are cheap. Now days u cant even drain the oil in an audi,must be sucked out bcuz their oil pan issues. They removed the drain plug.

And ram trucks catch on fire.huuuuge lawsuit against them.

You sure drive dangerously! 😄
Old 01-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
so guy's i know that the hottest loads are usually not the most accurate so that being said anybody shoot the federal game shok 275gr out of a v2/lr rifle ? i'm thinking in the 90-100 gr.bh209 area. too bad i can't try the lead 350 gr as well!
I have a feeling about you and it don't smell to purdy.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
You soooo funny! My lil knight shill. When i get home i shall present you with cvas unlimited projectile weight with powerbelts.

You do realize ive known for two days now that u and some others are just crap talking to try and get a rise out of me?

Why aren't u over on the knight forum where you belong? You do work with them afterall right? Well maybe not since they dumped that range rod
I don't care what you find or have. The current CVA manual is the bible. No limit on powerbelts, and do not exceed a 300grn bullet with sabots. That's exactly what I said, and I'll also say, don't exceed a 300grn bullet with any bullet in a CVA including Powerbelts. You have no clue the reason CVA allows larger powerbelts. The reason is powerbelts bullets are under sized and the plastic gas check is over sized. In the event someone left a ram rod In the barrel or double loaded the gas check would blow and the gases would leak around the bullet before the bullet started to obturate going out the barrel. I know you have no clue what I'm talking about so go back where you belong before you do hurt someone with false information.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your good to go there. Stay away from the 350
Old 01-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
I have a feeling about you and it don't smell to purdy.
what are you talking about ?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

what are you talking about ?
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Be the smart one and ignore him.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't care what you find or have. The current CVA manual is the bible. No limit on powerbelts, and do not exceed a 300grn bullet with sabots. That's exactly what I said, and I'll also say, don't exceed a 300grn bullet with any bullet in a CVA including Powerbelts. You have no clue the reason CVA allows larger powerbelts. The reason is powerbelts bullets are under sized and the plastic gas check is over sized. In the event someone left a ram rod In the barrel or double loaded the gas check would blow and the gases would leak around the bullet before the bullet started to obturate going out the barrel. I know you have no clue what I'm talking about so go back where you belong before you do hurt someone with false information.
Well, i'm going to have to call you on that. Savage says to always use sabots in their smokeless muzzy, because the sabot will blow out if the pressure gets too high.

So, why would CVA limit sabot size? I'm not saying the manual doesn't say that, but your theory on the skirt on a PB blowing is flawed.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your good to go there. Stay away from the 350
ok thanks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.