Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 01-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
See their 400gr conical limit? Thats out the window as well. Someone on another forum asked if he could shoot the 405 and the cva rep said yes,theres no weight limit when shooting powerbelts in a cva. In fact,we've shot the steeltip powerbelts.

All it is is a way to cover their rear ends. Same with hodgden putting in print... never exceed 100 of pellets.

Ive shot cva since i was 14 and put together a blazer kit,so dont try playing that card lol.
Typical horsecrap. If you post a limit in a manual then that is to be the damn limit. Period. "Just in case" or "Covering their rears" is not a reason for putting that limit in print. It is because that is the legal safety limit of that barrel. If you have a tree stand rated for 200 pounds are you willing to be up a tree with 250 pounds? If you are then you are a fool. You want to take your own life in your own hands that is fine. Do not risk others with your blatant disregard for limits just because a company pays some bills for you.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I'm tired of his mouth. He shoots it off and he has no clue what the product he preaches is rated for by the manufacture. He is continuously wrong, and when he does shoot his mouth off he runs and hides when you call him out on it. I don't even know why I even answer him. It's black in white and he still doesn't understand at all. He definitely needs to stick with side locks until he gets more knowledge.
Oh is that a personal attack?

Super,ive fired more rounds through a cva than anyone u could possibly know with the same brand.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not taking sides on this, but manufacturers do put safe limits on guns.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Typical horsecrap. If you post a limit in a manual then that is to be the damn limit. Period. "Just in case" or "Covering their rears" is not a reason for putting that limit in print. It is because that is the legal safety limit of that barrel. If you have a tree stand rated for 200 pounds are you willing to be up a tree with 250 pounds? If you are then you are a fool. You want to take your own life in your own hands that is fine. Do not risk others with your blatant disregard for limits just because a company pays some bills for you.
Well at home i can certainly try to find the email the fellow copy and pasted from cva.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm not taking sides on this, but manufacturers do put safe limits on guns.
Remember UC posting a pic of a proto cva that was blown up at the factory during testing? The load it took was amazing.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
So, you never owned one, but you know it's junk. You need to step back.

They don't sell because they're cheap. Traditions are cheap too. They don't sell for beans.
Never owned a Ford Pinto either Pete but I knew they were junk and dangerous. Lots of things out there that are junk that I haven't owned but when I have umpteen folks that I know and trust telling me not to buy it then I trust them enough to not spend money on junk. You have had some good CVA's as have many others, but the fact remains that overall, it is not a brand I could ever trust and when it comes to a firearm, trust is THE most important thing. I have to trust it isn't going to blow up in my damn face. I have to trust it is going to go bang. I have to trust that it will consistently deliver the bullet to my point of aim. If I don't trust it, and no one I know well trusts it, then it aint getting bought by me!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Never owned a Ford Pinto either Pete but I knew they were junk and dangerous. Lots of things out there that are junk that I haven't owned but when I have umpteen folks that I know and trust telling me not to buy it then I trust them enough to not spend money on junk. You have had some good CVA's as have many others, but the fact remains that overall, it is not a brand I could ever trust and when it comes to a firearm, trust is THE most important thing. I have to trust it isn't going to blow up in my damn face. I have to trust it is going to go bang. I have to trust that it will consistently deliver the bullet to my point of aim. If I don't trust it, and no one I know well trusts it, then it aint getting bought by me!
So what do u drive?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh is that a personal attack?

Super,ive fired more rounds through a cva than anyone u could possibly know with the same brand.
Your going to get someone hurt someday. You absolutely don't have a clue what your shooting your mouth off about. You need to go to your forum and stay there. If there's not enough going on there to keep you busy, you really need to think about why that is. I don't know what moderator brought you back, but they need to send you back.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

SH.......If you're going to bash a product on a public forum. You should have more personal experience.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what do u drive?
Audi A6 or a Dodge 2500 or , if the wife lets me, her S7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.