Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva breech plug

Old 01-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
You are full of it lmao. A liar in fact.
That Bergara barrels aren't tested at as high of pressures as green mountain for example?? Is that what your calling me a liar about??
Old 01-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
so guy's i found some nitride coated bh209 qrbp's on muzzleloaders.com web site i called to verify they have some in stock he said they did but will go quick so i ordered two one for the future and also to sve on shipping costs! they are advertised as nitride bp's so i asked about it because it's been said they can't nitride them but he told me it is a nitride finish but not applied the same way as the barrels not sure if all correct but that's what i was told so just wanted to pass it along. by the way 32 bucks ea.
It's not Nitride. It's a coating, and Nitride is not a coating. It's a metal treatment. The black color is just a reaction to the metal treatment.

btw I gave you the link to that BP way back in your thread.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
thanks for the info is that 110 grs bh209 ? i plan on using a 275 gr federal game shok and bh209 powder. haven't tested yet was sick and didn't make it up to the range like i planned on sunday!!
Don't exceed 110grns of any BP substitute. Some of the CVA'S actually specify not to exceed 150grns of peletized powder. That equal to around 110 or 115 by volume loose powder.. See what your manual says.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do not use saboted bullets weighing over
300 grains in your CVA rifle.
Taken directly from a CVA manual. http://www.cva.com/pdf/Wolf%20Manual...A(rev2-13).pdf

So who is the liar?
Old 01-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

MD, I think we are all a bit tired of you towing your sponsors line when it comes to CVA. They are known thieves, have been PROVEN to sell untested barrels, and are pretty much a junk line of MLers. They outsell everyone due to price. Do they shoot? Yes, are they reliable? Somewhat. Would I ever buy one? Not just no but HELL no! Just absolutely too many bad reports on the things. I've been on this old planet just a bit longer than you and was shooting smoke poles before you were a twinkle in ya daddy's eye bud. I know quality and know it well. CVA is not anywhere NEAR quality in my book nor most others that know what they are doing with smoke poles.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
MD, I think we are all a bit tired of you towing your sponsors line when it comes to CVA. They are known thieves, have been PROVEN to sell untested barrels, and are pretty much a junk line of MLers. They outsell everyone due to price. Do they shoot? Yes, are they reliable? Somewhat. Would I ever buy one? Not just no but HELL no! Just absolutely too many bad reports on the things. I've been on this old planet just a bit longer than you and was shooting smoke poles before you were a twinkle in ya daddy's eye bud. I know quality and know it well. CVA is not anywhere NEAR quality in my book nor most others that know what they are doing with smoke poles.
Are you speaking from experience, or do you just believe everything you read on the internet?
Old 01-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Banned

See their 400gr conical limit? Thats out the window as well. Someone on another forum asked if he could shoot the 405 and the cva rep said yes,theres no weight limit when shooting powerbelts in a cva. In fact,we've shot the steeltip powerbelts.

All it is is a way to cover their rear ends. Same with hodgden putting in print... never exceed 100 of pellets.

Ive shot cva since i was 14 and put together a blazer kit,so dont try playing that card lol.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pete I have handled more than a few of them. I have read many reports on them and not just from net jockeys without a clue but from guys I know for a fact know their business.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

So, you never owned one, but you know it's junk. You need to step back.

They don't sell because they're cheap. Traditions are cheap too. They don't sell for beans.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I'm tired of his mouth. He shoots it off and he has no clue what the product he preaches is rated for by the manufacture. He is continuously wrong, and when he does shoot his mouth off he runs and hides when you call him out on it. I don't even know why I even answer him. It's black in white and he still doesn't understand at all. He definitely needs to stick with side locks until he gets more knowledge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.