Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

first time out with #21

Old 11-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

the results were satisfactory for a preliminary outing. I believe the gun has great potential, now I just have to find that potential when I can experiment more.
Satisfactory? Satisfactory??? Dang Sharpsshooter, your standards for "satisfactory" are a tad bit higher than mine.

Satisfactory = the gun went off - the bullets hit the paper - there is a discernable group.
Good = the gun went off - the bullets hit very near the POA - the group is pretty small.
Excellent = the gun went off - the bullets hit the POA - the group is very small*.
Super Exellent = 100 yard groups like Sharpsshooter gets.

(* Shooters are free to define "very small" for themselves.)
Old 11-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Satisfactory? Satisfactory??? Dang Sharpsshooter, your standards for "satisfactory" are a tad bit higher than mine.

Satisfactory = the gun went off - the bullets hit the paper - there is a discernable group.
Good = the gun went off - the bullets hit very near the POA - the group is pretty small.
Excellent = the gun went off - the bullets hit the POA - the group is very small*.
Super Exellent = 100 yard groups like Sharpsshooter gets.

(* Shooters are free to define "very small" for themselves.)
LOL.... Well Semi, I think we have found the one person on this old planet even MORE picky than ME when it comes to a grouping rifle! Okay maybe not MORE picky but AS picky maybe? I'd probably be looking to tweek that 150 yard group a bit as well. Still good shooting though. All shots would have equaled dead whatever you were shooting at. Maybe that one off to the right would have been a gut shot prairie bird
Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM
1874sharpsshooter

I think it is ready . Season opens tomorrow so i went out one more time this morning . I upped the powder and shot a couple 215 lehighs at 100 yards and they were dead center bullseye. She gets the call of duty for at least one deer , maybe more .

Old 11-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Season opens tomorrow
Same here and a Knight 45 gets the call too.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Same here and a Knight 45 gets the call too.
You guys are late - I am/have been hunting with my Super DISC since the first of the month - Just having a hard time finding a deer with respectable 'head gear'

Shooting the 40x215 also.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

wow great shooting that's a great looking gun wow
Old 11-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by sabotloader
You guys are late - I am/have been hunting with my Super DISC since the first of the month - Just having a hard time finding a deer with respectable 'head gear'

Shooting the 40x215 also.
I don't have that problem, I'm a meat hunter. That doesn't mean I ain't gonna shoot the big one though!!!

This is how I like my deer: