Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pig Reports

Old 08-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Pig Reports

For some reason, last year we had very few hogs at the hunting lease. Very little sign, only two sightings and one kill. We thought our hog troubles were over.

I just got a call from the guy who handles our lease. His mail man reported a sounder of 20+ adult hogs crossing the highway and entering our woods. And a woman who works in his office and who lives just North of our lease said she saw a sow with eight little piggies doing the same thing.

Our primitive arms/gun season doesn't open until Nov. 14th. But I thing the Swamp Dragon will be looking to feed on some pork as soon as the heat lets up a bit.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Semi, want me to see if the fellas are about done in Texas and send them your way? If so, find out if there is somewhere close that Thomas can get some ammo for my .458. I'm sure he is getting low since I only sent around around 100 rounds with him.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi if you need some assistance eradicating those hogs I can pack up all my muzzies and come pay you a visit.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wish I could accommodate you guys. But our club does not allow non-member guest hunters except for youngsters up to 16 years old.

The property can't stand much more hunter pressure than the members put on it. The "no guest" rule was implemented years ago and has prevented a lot of the discontent and bitching we see in surrounding clubs.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:36 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Semisane
I wish I could accommodate you guys. But our club does not allow non-member guest hunters except for youngsters up to 16 years old.
I got a bunch of them 😄

Old 08-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane

The property can't stand much more hunter pressure than the members put on it. The "no guest" rule was implemented years ago and has prevented a lot of the discontent and bitching we see in surrounding clubs.
LMAO, weren't thinking of me or my guy's there Semi, was thinking about your all's property there bud! It's what we do! Never charge a fee. We do it for the meat for the Hunters Feeding The Hungry program. How you think I've killed so many hogs? We go through the property and kill every one we see. Your club would be thankful I would imagine. Hog sounders on a property= less deer and tons of property damage.
Question though, It's been since 2010 since I ran hogs in Louisiana, is it still illegal to crack on them at night there? Bone stupid rule there if it is. In the heat that state has in the summer, fall months it would be dang near impossible to get a crack on them in the day time.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Question though, ...... is it still illegal to crack on them at night there?
You can hunt them at night from March to August. No night hunting September through February.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know hogs do alot of damage, but I wish we had some where I hunt....just so I could get me some bacon each season

They are drifting north and east...I'd imagine in my lifetime they will be prevalent around here, then I'll probably be complaining that I wish we didn't have em.

Good luck Semi, hope the dragon gets to eat!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Van, don't forget those 465gr slugs will do a great job on those hogs as well. LOL
Old 08-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Banned

yeah you need to do more shooting with that one, I liked that one a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.