Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new to board

Old 10-15-2003, 08:25 AM

Default new to board

hello out there, i am new to all of this modren communication and after reading this board for a while i could not resist joining, in advance please frgive my spelling.... i call montana home , to date have only shot b.p. ml. at paper but that may change this year. i have been working on a load for my 50 hawken, , if i can get 3 in moa at 100 yards regularly i may take it to the field... mostly i just shoot for fun and the aroma of it,,
Old 10-15-2003, 09:32 AM

Default RE: new to board

fatheader,

Welcome aboard.....

I' m relative new here myself to this board, but I like not just this board, but also some of the others as well. The tips I' ve been getting are fabulous. I' ve only been hunting here in PA since' 96 and deer season is my favorite. ia have used some of the tips to mixed up some home grown scent control stuff plus I washed all camo with scent removing detergant placed in garbage bags and added hemlock branches since I do spend time sitting in my tree stand in a hemlock.

I have shot a few does with the muzzleloader and I enjoy this type of hunting. I have a Traditions 50 cal Deerhunter flint with True Glow fiber obtic sights and a CVA Firebolt 50 cal In-line w/scope which I plan on using this weekend. My 30.06 is my other favorite gun and have tried dow but only 1 season.

I also post on the Deer hunting board as well. Thanks for joing us and share the knowledge.

Tom

Old 10-15-2003, 10:11 AM

Default RE: new to board

welcome to the site