Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
View Poll Results: Best Blackhorn Breech Plug
CVA Blackhorn QR Plug
14.29%
Triumph Speed Breech Plug
0%
Knight Bare Primer Plug
28.57%
CVA Standard QR Plug
0%
Encore/Omega Plug
42.86%
Western Powders CVA QR Plug
0%
Pro Hunter Speed Breech Plug
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Best Blackhorn Breech Plug

Old 06-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Blackhorn Breech Plug

What is your opinion?
Old 06-03-2015, 05:32 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Once again you dont have my choice there . I vote for the Lehigh plug made for knight before lehigh started making knight plugs , which i feel are inferior to the original Lehigh .

Old 06-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess since I have only tried it in my Pro Hunter, I'm a little biased It's the only ML'er I have that I feel comfortable with BH in. The others are older than me (and that's saying a lot) so I only trust true BP out of them. Probably stupid but they shoot just fine with BP so why risk it.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Once again you dont have my choice there . I vote for the Lehigh plug made for knight before lehigh started making knight plugs , which i feel are inferior to the original Lehigh .
Does not have mine either. It's the Knight Full Plastic Jacket breechplug. So far no blowback residue or ignition hiccups whatsoever and looking forward to using it in foul weather this fall and winter.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
What is your opinion?
When you list the Knight Bare Primer - which bare primer plug are you thinking? The older Knight NFPJ or the newer Lehigh/Knight Bare Primer (NFPJ) plug?

Even then the best one would not be listed as the best one IMO is the Lehigh NFPJ version II! Without a doubt! Made of 17-4 Stainless with the hardened and removable Vent Liner.

So you can see I did not vote yet.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron,
This post really makes no sense unless you have used all breech plugs you have mentioned. Post like these really don't help anyone. If more people own Prohunters or Triumphs for example they are gonna pick them just because they own them. In reality they might be the worst for BH209.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grouse, I voted mine simply because BH functions beautifully in it. Damn near flawlessly except for the carbon buildup. Which I would guesstimate that that is a problem with ANY of the plugs.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Omega.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Ron,
This post really makes no sense unless you have used all breech plugs you have mentioned. Post like these really don't help anyone. If more people own Prohunters or Triumphs for example they are gonna pick them just because they own them. In reality they might be the worst for BH209.
Tom,

This thread was made to allow folk to express their opinion, and it seems to have brought forth a few, e.g. we know more of your opinion than we did before. Also, i highly doubt anyone would vote for a breech plug that is really worst

One curious thing..... at this writing there are 69 views, and only 7 votes; kinda makes one wonder how our republic can function.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't take polls. I just answer questions. I see my choice isn't even in the poll, but I still think it's the best BP for BH.

I feel if a BP is to be good for BH it has to be short. That pretty much leaves out any BP that removes by hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.