Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Rossi muzzleloaders

Old 10-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Spike

Default Rossi muzzleloaders

Looking to get into the black powder thing, and was wondering if anyone on the board has experience with the Rossi muzzleloaders? I don' t have any knowledge in this area so let me know what you think. If there are better guns out there around the same price range, I would be interested in your advise. The reason the Rossi looked good to me was the innerchangable barrels. Any help would be great......

Latts
Old 10-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rossi muzzleloaders

Latts,
I dont have any experience with the Rossi muzzy but I do have a Rossi 410 I bought for my son as a starter gun. Overall I' m very pleased with the quality of the gun for the price I paid. It was very cheap ($75) but it delivers what it claims to deliver...simplicity and reliability with no frills. However, there are maybe some even less expensive options for you to try before you spend more on a good front stuffer...specifically, why dont you try to borrow one from someone for this season to see if you like muzzleloading...it you fall in love with it, it' ll make much more sense to save your $$ up to buy yourself a nice gun that will last you a lifetime.
Good luck!
SC
Old 10-16-2003, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Rossi muzzleloaders

I have had no problems with the Rossi ML, only good things said about them around the shop. Would have no problem recommending one or shooting it myself.

Sorry, the sights are kind of cheezy. But I shoot a scope!

Good Luck