Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight disc or tc omega?

Old 10-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default knight disc or tc omega?

I need help deciding between these two guns. Which is easier to clean and maintain? Also what has been your experience with either guns?
Old 10-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: knight disc or tc omega?

You really need to shoulder both first! The Omega is easiest to clean & with it' s shortened stock, is better suited for small & medium build shooters(6' & under).

The Disc Mag is not Knight' s latest version. That design has been upgraded twice with the Disc Extreme and most recently the Disc Elite. I personally own the Omega & I' m very pleased with it. I chose the Omega over the Extreme or Elite because I like a stock that drops from the neck & most Knights are straight as a brand new 2X4 bought from any lumber yard.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I agree with Triple Se7en, you need to get your hands on those models and shoulder them. The other day I got to handle a CVA Optima at Wal Mart and I must tell you, I did not like the way it shouldered. The T/C Black Diamond on the other hand fit me real nice. As for ease of cleaning, I have no experience on that. I still use sidelocks and as we all know they are a bear to clean sometimes. Although since I switched the one rifle over to only Triple Se7en powder I can not believe how fast I can clean it. It cleans up so fast I am always afraid I did something wrong, and still run patches through it to double check it. Good luck on what ever you pick!
Old 10-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

T/C Omega. Good luck.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:22 AM

I had a Remington ML700 (bolt style ML) and sold it. Bought an Encore (same basic barrel/breech plug design as Omega). Encore is MUCH easier to clean due to not having the bolt action reciever and all of its nooks and crannys to gather gook. Makes a big difference when field cleaning because it is vastly faster to remove the breech plug.
On the other hand I' ve never cleaned a Knight, so what do I know?
Old 10-14-2003, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

you definately need to handle both guns and see which fits you best. the T/C is going to be easier to clean, but there is nothing better than a knight.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

you definately need to handle both guns and see which fits you best. the T/C is going to be easier to clean, but there is nothing better than a knight.
I' ll second that. I have the Knight DISC and it' s an awesome ML. The T/C is much easier to clean though. Honestly, you can' t go wrong w/ either gun. Just see which fits you better.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Spike

THE ONLY DOWNFALL I HAVE EVER HAD TO MY DISC WAS THE WEIGHT..I HEAR THEEY ARE LIGHTER THIS YEAR THOUGH
Old 10-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Flip a coin. Your a winner either way.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:14 AM

Omega would be the way to go its got a a sealable breach and i don' t think perssonel you can beat it. Good luck